Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Sep 2014, 10:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please, evaluate my profile.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Please, evaluate my profile. [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2014, 21:32
1)
Executive Secretariat of the State System of Public Security
Industry: State Government.
Associate head of department
(April 2012 – Current)
Principal activities:
When I entered, the department had been created recently (6 months), with many problems and minimal organization. The first part was to make an inventory of everything that was stored on it and generate a digital database to serve as a record for the control of the elements. Then I designed a working scheme of work that would help to streamline our work and that of all areas. Today my department serves as a reference for monitoring progress of the whole center.
Net Income: 15,668 MXN

YOR Health
Industry: Network Marketing
Independent Representative
(Jun 2011– Jan 2012)
Principal activities:
Selling goods through a wide network of distributors and recruiting new members.
Net Income: 5,000 MXN

BBVA Bancomer
Industry: Banking.
Executive Trainee at Government & Company Banking
(Jan 2011 – Jun 2011)
Principal activities:
Customer attention, financial products after selling services, office administration, and selling team support.
Net Income: 8,500 MXN

Center for Investment and Trade
Industry: State Government.
Jr Investment Executive - Internship
(Jan 2009– Jun 2009)
Principal activities:
Support to senior investment executives, analysis of productive sectors (National/State), promotion of national investments for the Sinaloa state, and analysis of government institutions related to state investments.
Net Income: 0 MXN

2)
None. GRE: V:144/Q:153

3)
B.A. International Business at Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education [ITESM] - Campus Monterrey (2005 - 2010)
Modality of Professional Concentration. Specialty: Political Science.
Scholarship granted by the ITESM during high school and university.
Diplomas of “Student Development” by ITESM for leadership in high school and university.

B.S. Mathematics at Public State University (2013 - 2013)
Propedeutics for admission to Master degree: Linear Algebra, Probability.

4)
Extracurricular Activities:
President FEITESM (Federation of Students of ITESM) 2009.
Vice-president FEITESM 2008 (Recognition “The best of Tec”).
Coordinator FEITESM 2007.
Treasurer SALIN (Association of international business students) 2007.
Coordinator SALIN 2006.

Corporate Finance Administrator 2009, Finances Member (FNZ) 2008, in AIESEC.

Seminars: Incoterms, non tariff barriers and filled of customs declaration by Group Maerker, S.C. Consultants and Investigators in foreign trade and customs.

Organizer in the V Congress of leadership "Go beyond”, and the first congress of “Ethics and Citizenship” and the Queen Project in 2008 and 2009 at ITESM.

Sports:
Swimming, ITESM 2009 (Recognition “Outstanding student”).
American Football, at public state school 2006.
Softball at ITESM 2007.
American Football, at local private school 2008.

Social Work:
Social Incubator, ITESM 2009, and projects of communitarian support: Soñar despierto, Dona Vida, Banco de alimentos, Divina providencia y Cáritas.

Cultural:
Rock festival 2005 and 2006; Songs’ festival 2006.

5)
None.

6)
Target program: USA FT MBA: Harvard, Yale, Haas, Chicago.

7)
R1 2014-15

8)
Post-MBA goal: Improve my public career or change it to consulting(public sector).
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 0

Re: Please, evaluate my profile. [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2014, 12:21
Expert's post
Everything looks strong in your profile except the GRE scores. I believe that they’re low enough to make your target schools unrealistic reaches. Moreover, because MBA adcoms are less familiar with the GRE, a low GRE score is more detrimental to your chances than a low GMAT.

If you apply with your current scores, you should target somewhat less competitive programs. If you want to target the top programs, which you would otherwise be qualified for (i.e., they would still be reaches, because they are for everyone, but they would be reasonable reaches), either prepare hard and improve the GRE score, or, even better, go for the GMAT, and prepare as best as possible.

Cindy Tokumitsu
Senior Advisor, Accepted
310-815-9553
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog