Joined: 09 Mar 2014
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
, given: 19
Please evaluate my profile [#permalink]
17 Apr 2014, 22:44
I took GMAT on 15th April and want to know where I stand. Please evaluate my profile.
1. Male/Indian/25 years old/3 years of work experience
2. GMAT: 760 (Q50, V42, IR-3, AWA- awaited)
a. B.Tech in Electrical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee (IIT Roorkee)- CGPA- 7.6/10 (Dont know how to convert it to 4 point scale)
b. 10th Class – 81%
c. 12th Class – 83 %
4. Work Experience:
- 3 years of experience as Engineer in a top Indian power sector (a public sector company).
- Commissioned a High Voltage Transmission line
- Commissioned an extra high voltage substation
- Currently Managing the Operation and Maintenace of the above substation
- Consistently ranked top performer
5. Extra Curricular:
- House captain in school
- Won several events at school level.
- Won Inter IIT music band competition ( 9 IITs participated)
- Joint Secretary of Music Section at IIT Roorkee – Organized 7 music shows and participated in all of them. Played keyboard and guitar.
- Chairman of Electrical Engineering Students’ Society of IIT Roorkee – organized events such as mentor-mentee program, placement and intership talks, etc. for the juniors.
- Won prizes in various events during Technical and Cultural Festivals of the College (Ranked one of the best in the country)
- Organized several events during Tech and Cultutal Festivals of the college.
- Organized a free medical checkup camp as part of company CSR activity.
I am looking to apply in the following colleges in 2015:
1. Indian School of Business
2. Kellogg (One year Program)
Not decided the 2 year programs yet.
I want to ask following questions
1. My IR score is very low. How will it impact my applications. I feel that by next year Universities will start considering IR scores. Will I have to retake GMAT?
2. I still have some time before I apply. What things can I do to improve my profile?