Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 23:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please Evaluate My Profile

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Please Evaluate My Profile [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2014, 20:20
27 y/o asian male working as a consultant for the Federal Government, prior to that I worked as a Federal employee performing legal and financial research. My stats are:
• GRE 156V, 159Q
• GPA: 3.3
• Large public university (Tier 2-3)
• Extracurriculars include two pro-bono consulting projects and additional volunteer work

My goal is to continue working as a consultant and transition to a more well known public sector practice, or transition back to a Federal Employee (think PMF). I think my story could align but realize my GPA/GRE and non-feeder small company may result in dings.

Target Schools
• NYU Langone
• Booth (PT)
• Cornell (FT)
• UCLA (FT)
• Michigan (PT or FT)

I tried to target FT programs where I'm at least in range of their GRE scores based on the P&Q figures.

Thanks in advance!
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 0

Re: Please Evaluate My Profile [#permalink] New post 22 Jun 2014, 05:56
Expert's post
Hello,

I think you’re on target with your school list. You’ve got some reaches (e.g., NYU), and some on-pars (e.g., Booth PT), and even a safety (Ross PT – though I am always a bit hesitant to call anything related to Ross or similar programs safe!).

Clearly the undergrad record and GRE will not be your standout points. But they are not disqualifying by any means either. Your work experience looks like your strong suit, and your distinguishing factor. Also, it aligns well with your goals. Though, how much of a strong point it is also depends on your actual track record of growth, impact, and leadership. Try to address these factors vividly in your essays and elsewhere.

Cindy Tokumitsu
Senior Advisor, Accepted
310-815-9553
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Please Evaluate My Profile [#permalink] New post 22 Jun 2014, 08:32
Thank you for your response. I'm curious on why you feel NYU Langone is a reach when their stats aren't too competitive and they have a 64% acceptance rate? I realize the full time program would be a huge reach but part time I felt I could be a welcomed change to the finance heavy class.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 0

Re: Please Evaluate My Profile [#permalink] New post 22 Jun 2014, 10:02
Expert's post
My apologies -- I misread it and thought you referring to the FT NYU program. Yes, by all means, it would make good sense to apply to the PT program!

Cindy Tokumitsu
Senior Advisor, Accepted
310-815-9553
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog