Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 18:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please Evaluate My Profile

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 267

GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Please Evaluate My Profile [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2014, 01:52
Hello

I am a 23 year old Indian Female working in Indian IT Industry.I am less than 2 years experienced as of now. Planning to go for MBA in 2016. Will be around 3.5 years experienced at the time of joining.

GMAT-Yet to Give.Planning to apply for 2 year MBA

Qualification- Btech(Electronics and Communication Engineering) from a private state College
10th-91.2 %
12th 75.4%
Btech-77%

Extra-curricular activities-
Sports-
-I have two certificates for national level participation in TT(school days)
-won gold medal at district level (TT,school days)
- and some more such certificates
-actively participated in debates/ extempore and earth day events
Fests-
-Organized fests in my college
-Was a member of placement coordinating team
Courses/Internships- did 3 courses/internships a s apart of college curriculum.

Can someone please guide me how can i work on my profile as i have really low experience
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 6

Re: Please Evaluate My Profile [#permalink] New post 14 Jul 2014, 02:15
aks456 wrote:
Hello

I am a 23 year old Indian Female working in Indian IT Industry.I am less than 2 years experienced as of now. Planning to go for MBA in 2016. Will be around 3.5 years experienced at the time of joining.

Qualification- Btech(Electronics and Communication Engineering) from a private state College
10th-91.2 %
12th 75.4%
Btech-77%

Sports-
Fests-

Can someone please guide me how can i work on my profile as i have really low experience

Hi,

Your candidature will all depend on your GMAT score now. try score a 740+ in GMAT and it will help you make the cut. It always not necessary to have a work experience of 4+ year. If you can showcase how your 2 year experience has made change to the organization, it will certainly help. If you can showcase the qualities in the best possible manner through your applications essays, it will surely help.

You can try out this tool a also get a free profile evaluation: http://goo.gl/RZg44t. If you are based out of Bangalore, you can register free to meet the alumni of top B-Schools and hear straight from them: http://goo.gl/nfR3w5

Cheers!!

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect

Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Manager
Manager
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 10

Re: Please Evaluate My Profile [#permalink] New post 14 Jul 2014, 10:37
aks456 wrote:
Hello

10th-91.2 %
12th 75.4%
Btech-77%

Sports-
Fests-

Hi, I agree with Neha's comments about your GMAT score etc. However the competition is tough for Indian applicants. I don't see any outstanding achievement/ personality attribute in your profile description, which could help you differentiate yourself from other similar candidates.
The good thing is that you are thinking about applying quite early, and this gives you the time and bandwidth to strengthen these areas in your profile. So my suggestion is that you take up opportunities at work where you can make an impact and also develop your personal profile by contributing to some community benefit program.

All the best,

Namita Garg
http://www.mbadecoder.com
contact@mbadecoder.com

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Please Evaluate My Profile [#permalink] New post 16 Jul 2014, 04:36
Dear Aks456,

A few suggestions/questions.

1. What is the nature of your work in the IT space? Think about what you can do to differentiate yourself from peers - that'll help you focus our efforts professionally.
  2. A good GMAT score will help - but only to a certain extent. How is the reputation of your undergrad college? What does 77% mean there on a relative scale?
  3. Most of your ECs seem to be from school days. Try to maintain a 'personal' side while you are in the corporate world too. Are there elements there that set you apart?

More questions than answers I am afraid, but hope this sets you thinking in the right direction

Cheers,

MG (Manish Gupta)|The MBA Crystal Ball Team
Email: mcb at mbacrystalball dot com

Manager
Manager

Please Evaluate My Profile [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2014, 07:22
Hello

Thanks a lot for your inputs and sorry for such a delayed response.Yes, I agree that i dont have any outstanding achievement in recent years. I will try my best to get a decent score and will work on my profile thereafter. Could you please guide how can i improve my profile in about an year?
MG4MBACrystalBall wrote:
Dear Aks456,

A few suggestions/questions.

1. What is the nature of your work in the IT space? Think about what you can do to differentiate yourself from peers - that'll help you focus our efforts professionally.
  2. A good GMAT score will help - but only to a certain extent. How is the reputation of your undergrad college? What does 77% mean there on a relative scale?
  3. Most of your ECs seem to be from school days. Try to maintain a 'personal' side while you are in the corporate world too. Are there elements there that set you apart?

More questions than answers I am afraid, but hope this sets you thinking in the right direction

Cheers,

Well as of now i really cannot comment on my professional achievement because it has been really short time since I have started working but will work keeping your suggestion in mind.
As far as my percentage is concerned , it is a decent percentage for my university , I would say Ist division .

I wanted to know one thing, is participation in office tournaments/ extracurricular useful?Do they look for certificates ?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Please Evaluate My Profile [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2014, 19:45
aks456 wrote:
Hello

Thanks a lot for your inputs and sorry for such a delayed response.Yes, I agree that i dont have any outstanding achievement in recent years. I will try my best to get a decent score and will work on my profile thereafter. Could you please guide how can i improve my profile in about an year?

<<snip>>

I wanted to know one thing, is participation in office tournaments/ extracurricular useful?Do they look for certificates ?

Dear Aks456,

I always say, dont do anything just for the heck of writing it in your bschool application. Rather, do things that you want to do - if you get nice stories as a fallout of that, that's great. Office tournaments/activities are great as long as you have interest in those. From bschool perspective, they would want to see some evidence of your leadership traits - ECs could be good means of showcasing that. Given that in your professional side, it may or may not happen so soon.

But all this is secondary. Showing distinctive contribution at workplace will go a long way in improving the profile. So make that your primary objective.

Cheers,

MG (Manish Gupta)|The MBA Crystal Ball Team
Email: mcb at mbacrystalball dot com

Manager
Manager

Re: Please Evaluate My Profile [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2014, 22:59
MG4MBACrystalBall wrote:
aks456 wrote:
Hello

<<snip>>

Dear Aks456,

I always say, dont do anything just for the heck of writing it in your bschool application. Rather, do things that you want to do - if you get nice stories as a fallout of that, that's great. Office tournaments/activities are great as long as you have interest in those. From bschool perspective, they would want to see some evidence of your leadership traits - ECs could be good means of showcasing that. Given that in your professional side, it may or may not happen so soon.

But all this is secondary. Showing distinctive contribution at workplace will go a long way in improving the profile. So make that your primary objective.

Cheers,

Okay. Thanks a lot for your guidance :)
Re: Please Evaluate My Profile   [#permalink] 25 Jul 2014, 22:59