Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:53 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Send PM
Re: Please Evaluate My Profile [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Jaymx wrote:
Thank you for your response. Well the company is not large, there is one more person working with me and it is my brother. I do run eBay as only one part of it, but its mostly MULTI-Channel eCommerce selling (Locally and Internationally). To make it simple I control the daily eCommerce operations which includes processing/ordering images (some I even make myself, photography is my hobby), web development, web systems maintenance, scanning orders for scams (fun part, constantly on the phone with payment processing companies). There is a lot to it as I get a lot of web traffic and it require constant maintenance, control for DDOS attacks which happen occasionally.
As part of leadership activities it's something I do not explicitly do on daily basis. I work with suppliers all over the world mostly Germany and France as well with freelancers (small Web programming projects) developing extensions for my sites and making sure they are successfully integrated and work as supposed to.
I also do market analysis and discuss future market/price goals with managers of other distributing companies.
To polish, I also deal with customers over the phone especially when there are order issues, resolving all sorts of order/payment issues.

I may sound like a jack of all trades but I take part in all aspects of business activity.

Gotcha!
Well the question is: How can we make all the above sound more like "Im a real businessman with a successful business, and Im just as my beginning and want to grow so I need an MBA" and not "Im another Canadian who sells stuff on ebay and amazon (not that Im knocking it in terms of what you can do or make.. but the question would be: do you really need an MBA for that?).

Basically, you run a business that could be perceived as amateur or pro by the adcom, and well..... we wanna do everything in our power to make it come across as the PRO deal.

:)

Best,
Jon
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got it. Thank you, I will have to provide in depth info about my business roles and leadership aspect. And Yeah, It may sound as an amateur, but it is definitely a Pro level :)
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Rock on, my friend!
Moderator:
Admissionado
9216 posts