Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:09 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Concentration: Startegy
Schools:Harvard, NYU Stern
 Q47  V27
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Re: Re : evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
getnirvana wrote:
hi

thanks a lot for a prompt feedback!
Yeah, Surely lotsa things need to be plugged...

In HCL, first promotion happens after a year if you are good...else does take around 1.5 years!
Fidelity is flexible & performance oriented company.If someone is good, & has been working for 1.5 years, nothing unusual about the promotion!

Family business..I wanted greater exposure by working for MNC's and I am not keen on operations side of industrial catering (family business) as a career.
I always wanted to work to create a strong brand,..Its not that bigger company which requires a 24*7 brand manager!

Plus working with other cos. has given me rich exposure, better people networking and ampler opportunities ...so now if I decide to join back my business post-MBA, I am well equipped to take it to a higher level...!

Yes I am not sure if I would want to put up this with adcom.I spoke to a few reps from Univ and they said it might give negative impression, in case I dont weave a strong story around this..!

Thanks for your reviews...I cant' explain how much it has helped me...

Getnirvana,

You have a good profile and some unusual aspects that can help you create a distinctive application (e.g., zoology, co-founder of school, co-founder of startup). Because of your GPA and work experience that is not quite in the stunning category, you may not be able to aim for the very top. Given your strategy focus I would recommend Yale, Michigan, Virginia, Chicago, and Insead, with perhaps a safety school or two. You could try Tuck and Wharton as longshots.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
For a Masters program , undergrad record is evaluated.
But if someone like me, who has a Masters' already, wouldnt that be counted instead of undergrad programme?
My only concern is low GPA in undergrad, otherwise my school & post grad GPA are great.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I think they still look at undergrad. Masters can be used to illustrate that u became serious, but still undergrad counts!
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
getnirvana wrote:
For a Masters program , undergrad record is evaluated.
But if someone like me, who has a Masters' already, wouldnt that be counted instead of undergrad programme?
My only concern is low GPA in undergrad, otherwise my school & post grad GPA are great.

getnirvana,

Unfortunately, even if you have great grades in graduate school, schools will weigh your undergrad GPA. The reason for this is that, generally speaking, grades at the graduate level are not as rigorously applied. Moreover, adcoms assume your GPA will be higher in grad school since you're focusing on your area of strength. Undergrad GPAs provide a broader-based indication of general academic ability. Which is not to say that you can't overcome disappointing undergrad grades--it's done all the time.

Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]