Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 23:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please evaluate my profile

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Please evaluate my profile [#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2006, 00:28
Hi,

Could you evaluate my profile please?

27/female/asian
GMAT: 680 (Q49, V32)
Undergrad GPA: 3.15 (EE & CS)from on of the top 3 engineering schools in U.S.
grad GPA: 3.87 a top 10 engineering school in US (going part time while working full time)

work experience:
worked as a software engineer in the defense industry. I am leading a team of multiple senior engineers. work responsibilites include coordinating with customers, project planning and controlling, presenting to the customer and military officiers regularly. Constant travel between customer and home office. I am also an assistant manager for a larger team.

Activities:
Due to travelling and grad school, I don't have much time for extracurricular activities. I volunteer at my undergrad alumi events regularly, like interviewing high school kids for schlorship, etc. I am also trained to deal with disasters.

My goal:
Use the bussiness knowledge learned to apply to the defense industry. Hope to go into business developement/strategy in this industry.

My target schools: Sloan, Harvard, Stanford, UCLA (FEMBA or full time, not decided yet)

My questions:
What are my chances? Should I take the GMAT again? will the low verbal score hurt me? Should I spend my time preparing my application or retake the GMAT? Should I apply in R1 or R2? is there a big difference in applying in R1 vs. R2?

I am taking on more of a leadership role at work this coming year. Should I wait till next year to apply?

Thanks in Advance!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
CIO
CIO
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 154 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2006, 21:33
I didn't catch how many years of work experience you have.

http://www.mbagameplan.com