My profile is as follows:
Undergrad Deg: BS Computer Science, CGPA:3.65 (Cum Laude) from the top CS university of Pakistan.
GMAT: 2nd attempt:610(Q:45, V:28, AWA: awaiting result)73%,
1st attempt: 550(Q:40,V:25, AWA 4.5) 55 %.
Toefl: 277, Essay:5.5
I know my gmat verbal score doesn't speak much about my proficiency in english but I have had my entire education in english medium schools + have taken part in numerous english debating competitions.
Work Experience: 2.5 years to date. one year as technical support engineer in a software house and 1.5 yrs in the Technology Development Dept of a major telecom operator.
1. Besides debates, actively participated in dramatics at the college and the university level.
2)Part of the organization team for national level software competitions at the university.
3) Host/Compare of many fuctions at the school and the university level.
1) Stood first through out 12 years of education
2) Included in deans merit list each semester of the 4 year BS.
3) Won National Talent scholarship
3) Proctor/Head boy at the college and school level for 4 consecutive years.
4) During my first job as a technical support engineer, I was rated highest in the support team by the North American and UK clients.
5) Also in my present job with a telecom operator, I have prepared complex demos without the help of the vendor, and have received much appreciation.
Why an MBA:
I left computer programming right after BS because I didn't like it but I always wanted to be a part of technology driven industry such as Telecom. So major aim of an MBA is that of a career shift. I would like to be a part of the Strategic Planning dept of a technology driven organization.
My technical background coupled with the business acumen will surely make me an ideal candidate for such an industry.
Thats where I would like you to guide me. I would definitely want to work in US after doing the MBA. So please suggest schools with good placement record for the foreign students.
The following schools place high percentages of their MBAs in both management and MIS roles, which speaks to your long-term goal:
--Illinois Chicago Circle
Temple may be a long shot given its average GMAT of 655, you should be more than competitive at the other three. I don't have numbers on schools that are unusually good at placing foreign students. Unfortunately, the schools that are the best at that are also the ones that are the best at placing non-foreign students -- the elites -- and your GMAT isn't high enough for them. See Accepted.com
's advice for applicants with low GMATs
Good luck in your plans,