Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Oct 2014, 00:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please evaluate my profile- 5years experience in Real Estate

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Please evaluate my profile- 5years experience in Real Estate [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2013, 08:07
Hi Jennifer

This is my first request in this site

Pool: Indian Male
Academics: B.E-Mechanical Engineering in Bangalore
Graduated in first class
GMAT score : Yet To Take
Had worked with BOSCH in eliminating a process and improve the efficiency of a process as part of a 3 month internship.

Work Experience: 3.5 years (5 years by the time I will enter MBA program. Targeting to get in 2014 Spring or 2014 Fall)
Work Profile: Real Estate Sector
- 3.5 Years of Experience in Tenant Management, land development, Property Sales.
-9 months experience in advisory and property management solutions in a start-up started by Professionals from IIM and Wharton University
- I am currently working as customer relationship manager and operations lead in the same start-up

Volunteer Work: Volunteered in collection of funds for a blind school and also teach computers to the juvenile prisoners in jail.

Reason For MBA : Post MBA I am looking to working in Private Equity/Analytics firms in the real estate sector

Some of the countries that I am looking at are Singapore, Europe or India or any other schools offering 1 year programs.

My questions:

1. I am looking for schools with fall intake and a 1 year - 1.5 years course MBA
2. Which schools should I target? What kind of GMAT score should i look at achieving?
3. Is there any thing else that I can do to boost my chances of getting into the Ivy League schools
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 42

Kudos [?]: 343 [0], given: 64

Re: Please evaluate my profile- 5years experience in Real Estate [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2013, 21:50
Expert's post
pitviper87 wrote:
Hi Jennifer

This is my first request in this site

Pool: Indian Male
Academics: B.E-Mechanical Engineering in Bangalore
Graduated in first class
GMAT score : Yet To Take
Had worked with BOSCH in eliminating a process and improve the efficiency of a process as part of a 3 month internship.

Work Experience: 3.5 years (5 years by the time I will enter MBA program. Targeting to get in 2014 Spring or 2014 Fall)
Work Profile: Real Estate Sector
- 3.5 Years of Experience in Tenant Management, land development, Property Sales.
-9 months experience in advisory and property management solutions in a start-up started by Professionals from IIM and Wharton University
- I am currently working as customer relationship manager and operations lead in the same start-up

Volunteer Work: Volunteered in collection of funds for a blind school and also teach computers to the juvenile prisoners in jail.

Reason For MBA : Post MBA I am looking to working in Private Equity/Analytics firms in the real estate sector

Some of the countries that I am looking at are Singapore, Europe or India or any other schools offering 1 year programs.

My questions:

1. I am looking for schools with fall intake and a 1 year - 1.5 years course MBA
2. Which schools should I target? What kind of GMAT score should i look at achieving?
3. Is there any thing else that I can do to boost my chances of getting into the Ivy League schools

Thanks for your post. To the questions:

1. I don't see a question here...
2. You should be aiming or an 800. If you aim lower, you will get lower. The top U.S. schools have an average GMAT of around 720-740 and that's what you need to be competitive.
3. Try to get into a role where you are doing more financial analysis than it appears you are doing now. Also, get into leadership roles, if not on the job than off. Finally, if you can get international exposure, that would be a plus.

Best,
Linda

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog