Dear Ms. Linda,
I took the GMAT few days ago and received my unofficial score. I am applying for some MSc Finance programs in US for Fall 2013. I really hope you can help me evaluate my profile so that I can make a wise choice.
1. Full-time work experience: 3 months as an outbound tour operator, then I got back to my hometown to prepare for my graduate application.
2. GMAT score: 660 (Q49 V31) - Percentile 81%.
3. College info:
- I pursued my BA degree in Vietnam, a small country in South East Asia
- GPA: 3.2
- Major: international economics
- Graduation year: 2012
4. Extra curricular activities:
- Head of Communication Department at a student research club
- Volunteer of Asian Indoor Games
- Collaborator of the most popular teen magazine in Vietnam
- And many others
- Ielts: 7.5
6. Target programs (in priority order):
- MSc Finance - Toulouse Graduate School - UNT
- MSc Finance - Naveen Jindal School of Management - UTDallas
- MSc Finance - C.T. Bauer College of Business - UH
- MA Business - College of Business Administration - UNL
7. My post MS goal:
Get back to my country and focus strictly on my finance career.
Since my financial support is very limited, I really hope to apply for the programs that does not cost too much and can allow me the chances of graduate assistantships. Please let me know, if possible, if I have any chance to be allowed to pay instate tuition at UNT, UTD and UH (3 schools in Texas). This is extremely important to me.
Thank you very much and best regards.
I'm really sorry, but I don't know enough about these programs to comment.
JUST PUBLISHED! MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog