Joined: 30 Nov 2012
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q42 V41
GMAT 3: 700 Q47 V38
, given: 3
Please Evaluate My Profile | 700 GMAT, 3.55 GPA [#permalink]
23 Jun 2013, 13:40
Please provide any insight on my profile as outlined below. I would greatly appreciate it. To provide context, I am a white male and a USA citizen. Thank you!!
1) Brief description of your full-time work experience. What do you do?
I worked in fixed income operations at BlackRock (the largest asset management company in the world) for 2 years. I now work in interest rate derivatives structuring for a mid-size regional bank. I structure custom tailored interest rate derivatives (mainly swaps) for institutional clients of the bank. At matriculation I will have 4 total years work experience.
2) Your GMAT.
700 (Q47 V38) | 73% in quant, 84% in verbal
3) College info: The name of the college, your GPA or grade average, your major, year of graduation. For any graduate degrees, please provide the same info. If you grades are low, please indicate if there were extenuating circumstances.
I graduated from Penn State University in 2010 with a degree in finance. My cumulative GPA is 3.55
4) Significant college and post-college extra-curricular activities or community service, especially leadership experience.
-national society of collegiate scholars honors society member
-Sigma Alpha Mu Fraternity Member and Philanthropy chair
-Active in raising money for Penn State Dance Marathon (the largest student run philanthropy in the world)
-Currently a mentor to a foster youth who is "aging-out" of the foster system and will be on his own shortly
-avid musician (guitarist, bassist, and drummer)
-currently editing the final draft of my first thriller novel (do it as a hobby)
5) Important certifications like CFA, CPA, FSA, or CA.
Passed CFA Level 1, did not pass Level 2. I don't intend to take level 2 again or pursue this avenue at all, I don't even think I will include the fact that I passed level 1 on my resume, but I'd love to hear suggestions if I should or not.
6) Your target programs.
My dream schools are Kellogg, Booth, Yale, and NYU. I will also apply to Georgetown McDonough and Vanderbilt Owen.
7) When you plan to apply? Please specify round and application cycle, for example R1 2013-14 or R3 2012-13.
R1 for 2013-2014
8) Your post-MBA goal.
Short term I'd like to join a large consulting company and work specifically on financial services related projects (in line with my prior experience). Long term I'd like to either progress in a consulting company or possibly start my own micro-consulting company.