Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Dec 2014, 09:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please evaluate my profile!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Please evaluate my profile! [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2009, 13:07
Hello.

I'm planning to apply for following programs:
- University of Chicago Part-Time MBA (Study concentration will be international business)
- University of Michigan Part-Time MBA
- Purdue University Part-Time MBA

I will be really appreciated if you can evaluate my profile and give me your advice on things to improve my chances.

Born and raised in South Korea (Green Card Holder), Female, 30

GMAT Score
- Total 5 attempts (580, 590, 640, 640, 710)
- Highest & most recent score: 710 (Q51, V33) AWA 4.5
- I usually have high Q scores but for V score, I had scores ranged from 29 ~ 33.

Academics:
- Seoul National University / Bachelor Degree in Business Administration & Piano (Dual Major, 91.2 Percentage Score, Received merit-based scholarships for 6 semesters)
- Selected for 1-year exchange student program in Osaka University (taught in Japanese & English, received full scholarship, made representative speech at closing ceremony)

Work Experience (Total 5 years)
- 4 years in NASDAQ listed & #1 E-commerce Company in Korea
* led 3 major projects used by 300 million users/day
* Led a cross functional team of 30 people for 1 year to launch English-language e-commerce site that raised 1 million revenue in the first month of service
* Currently telecommuting in the US (recruiting sellers in the US)
* Received performance-based stock options
- 1 year in Multinational Paper Company including 3 months in Thailand

Career Goal
- Build cross-border e-commerce network in the Asia

Extra Curricular Activities
- International Student Association Activities (Coordinated International Student Conferences)
- Travel Club Activities (Traveled to Egypt, Cambodia, Spain.. etc.)
- Organized & participated many stage performances
- Volunteered in Church as a piano player for 3 years
- Volunteered in a public day care center
- Part-time piano & language teacher for 4 years
- Certified Scuba diver
- I have no current community work

Thank you,
Jamie
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 73

Kudos [?]: 528 [0], given: 0

Re: Please evaluate my profile! [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2009, 11:19
You should be competitive for the part-time programs you listed. It comes down to how well you execute the applications as well as how well you interview (should you get an invite, but assuming your applications are well executed, you should be able to get the interview invites from these schools). Good luck!

Alex Chu
alex@mbaapply.com
http://www.mbaapply.com
Follow me on Facebook

Intern
Intern

Re: Please evaluate my profile! [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2009, 12:37
AlexMBAApply wrote:
You should be competitive for the part-time programs you listed. It comes down to how well you execute the applications as well as how well you interview (should you get an invite, but assuming your applications are well executed, you should be able to get the interview invites from these schools). Good luck!

Thank you so much for the reply!!
Could you please answer me two more questions? I'm concerned about my low GMAT verbal score to apply for Booth MBA program. Do you think that getting a high TOEFL score (over 105?) will be helpful in this regard? (As I'm a permanent resident, I don't need the score though..) And can you suggest other MBA programs for either general management or international business in the midwest area?

Again, I really appreciate your help!
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 73

Kudos [?]: 528 [0], given: 0

Re: Please evaluate my profile! [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2009, 11:19
The TOEFL and GMAT verbal measure two different things. TOEFL is a test of proficiency in English. The GMAT verbal is a crude measure of your critical thinking/reasoning skills. Your GMAT score (the 710) is fine. Don't worry about it anymore.

As for schools, you can also look at Indiana, Carnegie Mellon (is Pittsburgh technically midwest?), maybe even Illinois, Ohio State.

Alex Chu
alex@mbaapply.com
http://www.mbaapply.com
Follow me on Facebook

Intern
Intern

Re: Please evaluate my profile! [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2009, 11:52
Thank you so much for all your help!
Re: Please evaluate my profile!   [#permalink] 28 Oct 2009, 11:52