Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
Please evaluate my profile and help me select schools [#permalink]
27 Sep 2011, 13:27
1) Basic demographic info: Male/26/Pakistani
2) Educational Background: Economics major from the top university in the country, GPA circa 3.4, GMAT 730 q49v40, CFA Charterholder, 'A' Levels 5A's, 'O' Levels 6A's.
3) Work experience: Currently working in Dubai, UAE as money market trader (more like portfolio manager) for a major local commercial bank. Also, have an additional responsibility of managing Treasury functions of bank's overseas operations (mainly in Qatar, Egypt and Kuwait) and hence, along with my main role, have spend time working in these countries as well. Due to dual responsibilities (although not a Direct supervisory role) and my achievement in establishing and streamlining Treasury functions in the above mentioned countries, got a promotion earlier this year. Have been with the current institution for almost 3 yrs. Previously have worked in Karachi, Pakistan as well in junior capacity for 6 months before being transferred to Dubai in a senior role. Total experience by Fall 2012 will be nearly 5 years.
4) Extracurriculars: -University's Field Hockey Team captain -Member of cricket and chess teams; Represented university in chess tournament internationally as well -Have done a lot of informal volunteer work especially during the October 2005 earthquake in Pakistan by trekking to inaccessible areas and providing first aid and food relief and also during last year floods wrecked havoc did similar relief work. -Fond of trekking; Scaled an 18,000 feet peak in karakorum (first person to do so from my university after several attempts and which i personally consider as one of my greatest achievements) -Current captain of bank's cricket team as well
5) Schools: - None considered yet. Pleas help me with this. I am looking to pursue my career in finance itself and I personally feel LBS/Wharton/Chicago/Stanford are the best schools for that. Please correct me if I am wrong and also please tell me whether I seriously stand a chance in any of these? Please need serious help with this
Re: Please evaluate my profile and help me select schools [#permalink]
20 Oct 2011, 03:42
You stand good chance in the desired schools. You have a strong profile so make sure you highlight it well. This would include quality of your work (what you did there like-what were your achievements, what initiative you took, what changes you drove in your workplace etc), your academics and beyond academics bit. Given this is represented well you have very good chance at the given schools. All the best. _________________