Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 06:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please evaluate my profile and suggest B Schools

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Please evaluate my profile and suggest B Schools [#permalink] New post 07 Sep 2011, 09:30
ir following are my details.Please evaluate my profile and suggest B-schools for me-
Geetika Tahilyani ,female,24,from India
GMAT score-720(QA-50,VA-38,AWA-4)
Graduation-B.Tech in Electrical Engineering with GPA- 8.4/10 (Department Rank-3)from National Institute of Technology,Raipur,India.
Work experience- 2 Years(As of July 2011) in a reputed Public sector undertaking.(Power Sector).,
Secured 9 th rank (among all the Executive trainees of 2009 batch)in the Post training exam conducted by NTPC.
Internship -At NTPC Ltd in power plant engineering ,at BHEL in Transformers and switch gear ,and in a State electricity board in substation engineering.
Trainings and Certificates-
Certificate in Project management,
NSE,s Certificate in financial markets(NSE-National Stock Exchange,India)
Training in 660 MW Super critical power plant operation,by Power Management Institute India.
Extra curriculars-
Actively participated in extra curricular activities through out school and college.
Learned various dance forms such as Salsa,Jive,Jazz,and few Indian folk dances.
Attended 15 day theater work shop conducted by National School of Drama(during training at NTPC faridabad).
Participated in and won various dance competitions(such as-2nd prize in inter school dance competition organised by Indian Art and Cultural society,govt of India,1st prize in inter scool dance competition organised by Rotary club )
Acted in a college documentary.
Actively participated in various essay and elocution competitions.(as-First prize in essay competition at district level,2nd prize in Inter city Elocution competition ).
Won First prize in national level paper presentation held at NIT Rourkela.
Won 2nd prize in paper presentation at NIT Raipur.
In College,was a member of editorial board of college magazine,Student representative of Electrical Engineering association,Member of Literary committee.
Was team leader for various events organized during Annual tech fest of Electrical department,NIT Raipur.
Successfully organized various events during College fests.
Won prizes in essay and elocution competitions at work place also.(Such as,1st prize in Essay competition on Energy management at NTPC Sipat,3rd prize in elocution competition on the topic energy conservation at NTPC Faridabad).

I want to do MBA because I want to venture into my own power plant based on Non conventional energy resources.Having gained a sufficient insight of power sector during my stint with a major power producer of the nation, I consider it is the right time to enhance my management skills and move ahead in direction of my goal.
After completing my MBA I would like to gain few years of experience at managerial level and gradually step into my dream project of a power plant.

Kindly evaluate my profile and suggest what are the chances of getting into following B-schools-
MIT Sloan.
Stanford GSB
ISB Hyderabad
SAID,Oxford
NUS
McCombs,Austin,Texas

Please suggest other Schools also.

Thanks
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 72

Kudos [?]: 528 [0], given: 0

Re: Please evaluate my profile and suggest B Schools [#permalink] New post 07 Sep 2011, 22:52
Since you just graduated, here's what I suggest.

Find a way to get work experience outside of India -- in North America or Europe.

Or, apply to an MS Engineering program in the US, go there, continue with an engineering career, and then apply.

Right now, you'll have a tough time getting into any decent b-school outside of India. First, you don't have a lot of work experience, and most non-Indian b-schools will feel that you're a bit too "domestic" especially when you're up against a lot of other Indian applicants who will have full-time experience living/working in the US, Europe, Canada, Dubai, and major business centers like Dubai, HK, and Singapore.

The biggest asset you have now is your youth. Make the most of it - and right now, that means NOT trying to get into b-school where you have little chance (and NOT settling for some no-name b-school).

Alex Chu
alex@mbaapply.com
http://www.mbaapply.com
Follow me on Facebook

Re: Please evaluate my profile and suggest B Schools   [#permalink] 07 Sep 2011, 22:52