Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Aug 2014, 20:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please evaluate my profile for Booth and Kellogg weekend MBA

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V39
GPA: 3.9
WE: Accounting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Please evaluate my profile for Booth and Kellogg weekend MBA [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2014, 11:19
Hi experts,

Could you please take a look at my profile and evaluate my chances of getting into Booth and Kellogg part time/weekend MBA programs?

Female, 25 years old, US citizen, East Asian ethnicity
Big Ten undergraduate, GPA: 3.9, major: accounting - CPA pending
Heavy involvement in professional business fraternity (community service chair), business honor society, rowing team, collegiate musical organization (manager)
4 years of work experience at matriculation - 2 years GE FMP, 2 years Big Four advisory in Chicago
Junior Achievement teacher, ESL teacher, community service council leader
GMAT: 680 (highest attempt out of 3)

I was aiming for class of 2015 full time programs, but my GMAT retakes have been horrific and I've given up on that...

I'm applying for the summer quarter at Kellogg and fall quarter at Booth. Many of my current partners/managers are either Booth or Kellogg alum, not sure if that would improve my chances of getting admitted? What are some of the major roadblocks?

Thank you and please advise
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 25

Kudos [?]: 76 [0], given: 6

Re: Please evaluate my profile for Booth and Kellogg weekend MBA [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2014, 00:22
Hi there,

You have a decent profile. Your profile and GMAT Score are good enough to get you admitted into Kellogg and Chicago booth weekend MBA program. The only roadblock in your profile is number of work experience. You can apply to Chicago booth as the average work experience for Chicago booth weekend MBA program is 5-6 years. But, Kellogg has 6 years of average work experience so if you are planning to apply for 2015 intake I think even that should not be even a problem.

However, I would suggest you to write to admissions committee of Kellogg mentioning your number of work experience.

For Kellogg ad Chicago booth essays and analysis visit http://bit.ly/19Y6jKu

Hope that helps! Feel free to write i you have further queries.

Cheers!
Neha Singh

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect

Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Re: Please evaluate my profile for Booth and Kellogg weekend MBA   [#permalink] 08 Jan 2014, 00:22