Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 00:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please evaluate my profile - Gambian/female/IT

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Please evaluate my profile - Gambian/female/IT [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2012, 12:06
Hi all,

Please evaluate my profile. Your feedback will be much appreciated

GMAT: 700 (Q43, V41), AWA 4.0, IR 2
Nationality: Gambian - W. Africa

Academics: BSc in Information Systems: (3.87/4.00)
School: University of Texas - Arlington (graduated 12/06)

Work Experience: 78 months (at matriculation - assuming Fall 2013 intake). Been at T-Mobile since graduation and have been promoted 3 times.

Have had 3 roles so far with good leadership experiences.

1. I started as a level 2 IT Analyst. key accomplishments in this role include the following:
- Identified and eliminated inefficiencies within the billing process and reduced daily billing runtimes from 14 hrs to 3hrs resulting in a $68K/month recouped revenue
- Automated a data reconciliation effort between multiple teams and eliminated 4hrs of daily manual effort between the teams and ensured compliance with government SOX controls.

2. I was promoted 9 months later to Analyst 3 and later became the unofficial team lead. key accomplishments included the following:

- Managed a project to eliminated excess hardware capacity for the T-Mobile HotSpot division which resulted in net savings of $375K in license, storage and maintenance costs.
- Served as lead support analyst on a $2M PCI Compliance Project. Project was delivered on-time and within budget
- I was awarded the 'Application Support Organization Excellence Award'
- Mentored and supervised 11 junior analysts and interns

3. In my third role, I now manage a team of 17 SAP consultants (vendors - non-full time employees) some of whom are based in India and Mexico. Responsible for delivery of SAP technical projects and day-to-day system support. key accomplishments so far:
- Broke company record of 160 days without system incident. High system availability is one of the major KPIs for the team
- saved the company $450K in new software license and hardware costs by integrating an existing fax solution to the SAP landscape
- I was awarded the 2011 IT Employee of the Year award.

Extra curricular activities:
a) Co-founder of Friends of Gambia non-profit organization with focus on providing educational assistance for under privileged children in Gambia
b) I serve as a student Mentor for the Gambia Texas Association. Provide guidance to incoming and graduating students
c) Volunteer for Earth Day Dallas organization

Wanted to get your opinion on my chances for the following programs:

1. Columbia (Exec MBA - Saturday)
2. Kellogg (Part-time)
3. Booth (Weekend)
4. MIT (will consider going full time)
5. Haas (Weekend)
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 30

Re: Please evaluate my profile - Gambian/female/IT [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2012, 12:58
This post received
KUDOS
I am no expert, but you have great work experience, solid GMAT, and good undergraduate performance. I think that you have a competitive profile for these programs.

Best of luck.

Give Kudos if my post was helpful!

Re: Please evaluate my profile - Gambian/female/IT   [#permalink] 30 Oct 2012, 12:58