Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
Please evaluate my profile - Gambian/female/IT [#permalink]
29 Oct 2012, 12:06
Please evaluate my profile. Your feedback will be much appreciated
GMAT: 700 (Q43, V41), AWA 4.0, IR 2 Nationality: Gambian - W. Africa Gender: Female Age: 31
Academics: BSc in Information Systems: (3.87/4.00) School: University of Texas - Arlington (graduated 12/06)
Work Experience: 78 months (at matriculation - assuming Fall 2013 intake). Been at T-Mobile since graduation and have been promoted 3 times.
Have had 3 roles so far with good leadership experiences.
1. I started as a level 2 IT Analyst. key accomplishments in this role include the following: - Identified and eliminated inefficiencies within the billing process and reduced daily billing runtimes from 14 hrs to 3hrs resulting in a $68K/month recouped revenue - Automated a data reconciliation effort between multiple teams and eliminated 4hrs of daily manual effort between the teams and ensured compliance with government SOX controls.
2. I was promoted 9 months later to Analyst 3 and later became the unofficial team lead. key accomplishments included the following:
- Managed a project to eliminated excess hardware capacity for the T-Mobile HotSpot division which resulted in net savings of $375K in license, storage and maintenance costs. - Served as lead support analyst on a $2M PCI Compliance Project. Project was delivered on-time and within budget - I was awarded the 'Application Support Organization Excellence Award' - Mentored and supervised 11 junior analysts and interns
3. In my third role, I now manage a team of 17 SAP consultants (vendors - non-full time employees) some of whom are based in India and Mexico. Responsible for delivery of SAP technical projects and day-to-day system support. key accomplishments so far: - Broke company record of 160 days without system incident. High system availability is one of the major KPIs for the team - saved the company $450K in new software license and hardware costs by integrating an existing fax solution to the SAP landscape - I was awarded the 2011 IT Employee of the Year award.
Extra curricular activities: a) Co-founder of Friends of Gambia non-profit organization with focus on providing educational assistance for under privileged children in Gambia b) I serve as a student Mentor for the Gambia Texas Association. Provide guidance to incoming and graduating students c) Volunteer for Earth Day Dallas organization
Wanted to get your opinion on my chances for the following programs:
1. Columbia (Exec MBA - Saturday) 2. Kellogg (Part-time) 3. Booth (Weekend) 4. MIT (will consider going full time) 5. Haas (Weekend)