Joined: 31 Dec 1969
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V0
GMAT 2: 700 Q V
GMAT 3: 740 Q40 V50
GMAT 4: 700 Q48 V38
GMAT 5: 710 Q45 V41
GMAT 6: 680 Q47 V36
GMAT 7: Q42 V44
GMAT 8: Q42 V44
GMAT 9: 740 Q49 V42
GMAT 10: 740 Q V
GMAT 11: 500 Q47 V33
WE: Sales (Investment Banking)
, given: 97626
Please evaluate my profile - GMAT 690 [#permalink]
02 Dec 2010, 09:59
I'd like advice on where I stand a chance in terms of US business schools (in NY, Chicago, Boston).
Here is my profile:
- GMAT: 690 (Q42 - 61%, V42 - 95%, AWA 6.0)
- Looking to specialize in Marketing and Strategy in my MBA
- Female Canadian (will be 26 by Fall 2011)
- Graduated with distinction from a prominent Canadian university (Average = 80%, not sure how this translates to GPA). Majored in Psychology. Also completed my (non-mandatory) thesis in my fourth year which involved planning and executing my own psychological study.
- After graduating, I worked for 6 months in a media planning company. Realized this wasn't what I wanted to do and left to travel Australia and New Zealand.
- Completed a 4 month marketing internship for a building developer who owns several prominent malls.
- Offered a job at my current place of work as a Market Insights Analst. We are a small consulting firm/research house. Promoted to Senior Analyst after 6 months. Worked for almost 2 years, then left to pursue market research.
- Worked in market research for 6 months at a prominent loyalty company. Did not enjoy the rigidity of market research and was offered a better position at my previous employer as Relationship Manager, so returned (I've since been back for one month). Currently coach one individual.
- In terms of extracurriculars, I do a lot of team sports (captain of recreational ball hockey team) and have a passion for travel (have traveled extensively and did an exchange to Scotland in university).
- Some ongoing volunteer work at an organization that helps developmentally challenged individuals
In terms of the US schools, (as stated above) I'd like to focus on schools located in New York, Boston and Chicago.
Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!