Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 23:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please evaluate my profile - GMAT 690

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GPA: 3.64
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 70 [0], given: 78666

CAT Tests
Please evaluate my profile - GMAT 690 [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2010, 08:59
Hello,

I'd like advice on where I stand a chance in terms of US business schools (in NY, Chicago, Boston).

Here is my profile:

- GMAT: 690 (Q42 - 61%, V42 - 95%, AWA 6.0)
- Looking to specialize in Marketing and Strategy in my MBA

- Female Canadian (will be 26 by Fall 2011)
- Graduated with distinction from a prominent Canadian university (Average = 80%, not sure how this translates to GPA). Majored in Psychology. Also completed my (non-mandatory) thesis in my fourth year which involved planning and executing my own psychological study.

- After graduating, I worked for 6 months in a media planning company. Realized this wasn't what I wanted to do and left to travel Australia and New Zealand.
- Completed a 4 month marketing internship for a building developer who owns several prominent malls.
- Offered a job at my current place of work as a Market Insights Analst. We are a small consulting firm/research house. Promoted to Senior Analyst after 6 months. Worked for almost 2 years, then left to pursue market research.
- Worked in market research for 6 months at a prominent loyalty company. Did not enjoy the rigidity of market research and was offered a better position at my previous employer as Relationship Manager, so returned (I've since been back for one month). Currently coach one individual.

- In terms of extracurriculars, I do a lot of team sports (captain of recreational ball hockey team) and have a passion for travel (have traveled extensively and did an exchange to Scotland in university).
- Some ongoing volunteer work at an organization that helps developmentally challenged individuals

In terms of the US schools, (as stated above) I'd like to focus on schools located in New York, Boston and Chicago.

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!
-J
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Please evaluate my profile - GMAT 690   [#permalink] 02 Dec 2010, 08:59