Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Apr 2014, 03:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please evaluate my profile, GMAT 710 (Q47, V41)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Health Care)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Please evaluate my profile, GMAT 710 (Q47, V41) [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2011, 06:16
I am interested in the MIT LGO program and will apply for the 2012 session. Below is my profile

Nationality: Indian, US Green Card
Education: MS in Electrical Engineering ( not ranked school)
GMAT:710 ( Q-47, V-41, Essay- 5.5)
Work Exp: 5-6 years
Background: I have Bachelors degree in Electronics and Communication from India with a GPA of approx 3.2/4.0. I did my Masters in Electrical Engineering ( avg school not ranked, GPA 3.9/4.0). I worked for a year at a Fortune 100 company manufacturing plant and then joined a startup. I worked at the startup (about 10-15 people) for about 3 years in the semiconductor industry. At this company the first year and a half i was supporting the operation/manufacturing group and then when things went bad for the company I was the only person left supporting the company manufacturing equipments and running the location (including managing time for part timers working at the company) I was at. I had the opportunity to understand the different aspects of the business such as cost cutting, improving efficiency etc.. I think this really helped me grow as an Engineer.
Due to some personal events in my life, I decided to move from the semiconductor industry to the medical industry. I wanted to do something that would make a difference in the medical industry. I worked for Fortune 100 company ( medical division) for a year in the Sustaining Engineering group and then joined another Fortune 100 company(medical industry) as a sr manufacturing engineering working with the operations group. I have been at this company for about 6 months and had the opportunity to lead some small projects and currently semi- leading a big project. I have always handled overseas manufacturing groups, responsible for improving operations. I am really interested to grow in the Operations field and have the experience of working in a small company environment as well as a big company.
I have been involved with lot of different extra curricular activities as well throughout my career such as organizing 3 day camps for 50-60 indian kids, started a fund at a hospital, organized sports events in college etc.

Are there any other schools that i will be a good match at?

Thanks for your help!!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Please evaluate my profile, GMAT 710 (Q47, V41) [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2011, 04:26
Expert's post
Hemantuec wrote:
I am interested in the MIT LGO program and will apply for the 2012 session. Below is my profile

Nationality: Indian, US Green Card
Education: MS in Electrical Engineering ( not ranked school)
GMAT:710 ( Q-47, V-41, Essay- 5.5)
Work Exp: 5-6 years
Background: I have Bachelors degree in Electronics and Communication from India with a GPA of approx 3.2/4.0. I did my Masters in Electrical Engineering ( avg school not ranked, GPA 3.9/4.0). I worked for a year at a Fortune 100 company manufacturing plant and then joined a startup. I worked at the startup (about 10-15 people) for about 3 years in the semiconductor industry. At this company the first year and a half i was supporting the operation/manufacturing group and then when things went bad for the company I was the only person left supporting the company manufacturing equipments and running the location (including managing time for part timers working at the company) I was at. I had the opportunity to understand the different aspects of the business such as cost cutting, improving efficiency etc.. I think this really helped me grow as an Engineer.
Due to some personal events in my life, I decided to move from the semiconductor industry to the medical industry. I wanted to do something that would make a difference in the medical industry. I worked for Fortune 100 company ( medical division) for a year in the Sustaining Engineering group and then joined another Fortune 100 company(medical industry) as a sr manufacturing engineering working with the operations group. I have been at this company for about 6 months and had the opportunity to lead some small projects and currently semi- leading a big project. I have always handled overseas manufacturing groups, responsible for improving operations. I am really interested to grow in the Operations field and have the experience of working in a small company environment as well as a big company.
I have been involved with lot of different extra curricular activities as well throughout my career such as organizing 3 day camps for 50-60 indian kids, started a fund at a hospital, organized sports events in college etc.

Are there any other schools that i will be a good match at?

Thanks for your help!!

I do think MIT's LGO program is exceptional and that your Green Card is essential to earning a place in that class (since so much of the program revolves around working within American companies). I also suggest you consider Kellogg's MMM program, Ross, Tepper, and Duke - all strong in Operations Management.

Regards,
Jennifer Bloom, CPRW
jbloom@accepted.com
310-815-9553

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Health Care)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Re: Please evaluate my profile, GMAT 710 (Q47, V41) [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2011, 10:53
Thank you for your response Jennifer. Do you think with my profile, i have a decent shot at the LGO program?
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Please evaluate my profile, GMAT 710 (Q47, V41) [#permalink] New post 09 Jun 2011, 02:13
Expert's post
Hemantuec wrote:
Thank you for your response Jennifer. Do you think with my profile, i have a decent shot at the LGO program?

Yes, you sound like you have interesting management and operations experience to share. Demonstrate that in the application to prove you make a good fit with the program.

Regards,
Jennifer Bloom, CPRW
jbloom@accepted.com
310-815-9553

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog