Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 05:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

please evaluate my profile - hbs 2+2

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

please evaluate my profile - hbs 2+2 [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2009, 12:56
hi
nationality - indian
specifics - Chemical engineer , junior at college
Gmat - 690 (q 50 , v 34 ) awa -5.0
Gpa - 70% ( top 10 in class ) - college recognised as one of the best for chemical - alot of stress on studies .

work exp -1. 2 month internship at hay management consultancy - analyst position
2. 6 weeks in an investment bank
3. part time job at a branding startup( 4 months ) - working with movie production houses and corporates ( handled individual project worth Rs 2 crores)
4. In process of starting a start up
5. campus placement officer for year 2009-10

6. Project with a professor regarding starting a "green tech " startup

EC- Started the social club in college and was responsible for partly adopting a school for poor
marketing head of inter college festival (event ) - for 2 years handling around 10 teams and managing around 10000 people .
Was responsible for developing the festival into a recognisable entity .
Volunteered in cancer hospital for 4 weeks
Was selected as a top 200 student from 2 lakhs students in physics in india .
Active equity trader

sports - captain of school basketball team for 3 years
member of college basketball team for 3 years
member of cricket team since first year of college

Schools - Hbs 2+2( dream school ) , Iese Ytp , Wharton , Lbs( mim)

career goal - want to work 5-10 years in consultancy/ i bank . then go into venture captitalism and also start an car manufacture company . Harvard has been my dream school since the age i am able to say harvard .
Gmat is less but , prepared only for 15 days de to lack of time .
would be really grateful if you could evaluate my profile and give me some insights on how to improve it .
please please give me insights on how to improve my profile

sincerely
hbs aspirant
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
SVP
SVP
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 0

Re: please evaluate my profile - hbs 2+2 [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2009, 15:10
nikhilvinci,

You are certainly building an impressive profile. There's a lot of good leadership in your profile for someone your age. Given the numbers of male Indians who apply to top U.S. schools, you will want to raise that GMAT score. Other than that, I recommend continuing to do what you're doing. You may want to begin thinking about what themes unify all your activities. That is, you've done a staggering number of things but you want to be able to show how they all relate to each other.

Hope this helps,

Paul Bodine /
Author, Great Applications for Business School and Perfect Phrases for Business School Acceptance

Follow Paul Bodine on Twitter

Intern
Intern

Re: please evaluate my profile - hbs 2+2 [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2009, 20:07
hi paul
thanks for the reply . I have also thought about giving Gmat again but the problem is this semester ( 9 subjects ) is very busy and i am unable to find time to prepare. Is there anyway i can explain then about the lack of time to prepare and make it up in some other way . i will really appreciate your help on this .

awaiting you reply

cheers
nikhil
Intern
Intern

Re: please evaluate my profile - hbs 2+2 [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2009, 20:39
hi
Also all these internships that were done were done with good results and have job offers from both.
Also these internships done were well thought out , in respect that each one will help in my main goal that is entreprenuership.
Is it ok if i can mention the story that connects these internships together to give me my main goal .
Awaiting you reply
Hbs aspirant
SVP
SVP
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 0

Re: please evaluate my profile - hbs 2+2 [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2010, 18:25
nikhilvinci,

There's no need to explain to the adcoms why you have the score you do. Your explanation won't matter much and besides your score is a good one. Yes, explain the theme that unifies your internships. Explain what your plan is.

Good luck,

Paul Bodine /
Author, Great Applications for Business School and Perfect Phrases for Business School Acceptance

Follow Paul Bodine on Twitter