Please help me evaluate my profile.
Indian applicant, Male, Age : 24 years. Worked 14 months in Mumbai and 15 months in Singapore.
Work description: I am working as a consultant for a treasury and risk consulting financial services firm. I am based out of Singapore and have been working here for the past 15 months. The firm is small (~35 people today), so have had opportunities to lead projects/teams in my current role. The role is primarily client facing, involves sound knowledge of financial products and liaising with the clients/teams from our side.
Work Experience: 29 months, should be 38 months by August of 2014
GMAT: 730 (50Q, 39V, 5.5 AWA, 8 IR)
College: Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur. B.Tech (Honours) CGPA - 7.7/10
Achievements/ Extra Currics:
- Internship at GE (John F Welch Technology Center) and awarded a Pre Placement Offer in their Engineering division
- FRM Charter. Candidate for CFA Level 2 in June 2014
- Marketing and Sponsorship co-ordinator at the second largest social and cultural college fest in India. Raised 9.5 million INR
- Represented school (IIT) in televised prime time event
- One of the very few people from my state Jammu & Kashmir to ever go to an IIT
- Taught underprivileged kids elementary maths for a few months.
- Represented state in quizzing and debate competitions at the national level.
- Top 0.1 % of the candidates in Chemistry (12th grade) and awarded Certificate of Merit.
Please let me know if I should consider some other schools as well.
When do I want to apply:
Post MBA goal:
Financial services, in firms like IFC or an investment fund focused on development initiatives.
Hey HVT, thanks for dropping by dude!
You have a quite nice profile here. Let's have a look at your strengths: IIT graduate, client-facing role, international experience, fantastic GMAT, good GPA
Challenge points: Tough applicant pool, work experience is a bit on the low side.
Basically you have a shot, but you are gonna need a FANTASTIC application, with amazing passionate writing, and being as original you can get. I like your profile, but remember, when you are sticking to Top 10 schools like you are: everyone has a fantastic profile (it's the minimum!) so you need to dig around in your past and find some things that will propel you to the top of the stack - this can be with your stories, your writing, your presentation of yourself. But that's your key.
Your school list is a bit challenging, but that's okay too. You are quite young, and if things don't go fantastic this year I'm sure next year you'll make it! with a wiser and better application
Hope this helps,
Admissionado | The Team | Get a Free Consultation | 2013-2014 Essay Analyses
If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!