Joined: 15 Oct 2013
Schools: Wharton '17 (D)
, Kellogg '17 (I)
, Booth '17 (D)
, Sloan '17 (D)
, Ross '17 (S)
, Tuck '17 (WL)
, Duke '17 (WL)
, Anderson '17 (WL)
, Darden '17 (WL)
, Tepper '17 (S)
, Kenan-Flagler '17 (I)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
, given: 0
Please evaluate my profile- IIT applicant- Singapore based [#permalink]
15 Oct 2013, 22:18
Please help me evaluate my profile.
Indian applicant, Male, Age : 24 years. Worked 14 months in Mumbai and 15 months in Singapore.
Work description: I am working as a consultant for a treasury and risk consulting financial services firm. I am based out of Singapore and have been working here for the past 15 months. The firm is small (~35 people today), so have had opportunities to lead projects/teams in my current role. The role is primarily client facing, involves sound knowledge of financial products and liaising with the clients/teams from our side.
Work Experience: 29 months, should be 38 months by August of 2014
GMAT: 730 (50Q, 39V, 5.5 AWA, 8 IR)
College: Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur. B.Tech (Honours) CGPA - 7.7/10
Achievements/ Extra Currics:
- Internship at GE (John F Welch Technology Center) and awarded a Pre Placement Offer in their Engineering division
- FRM Charter. Candidate for CFA Level 2 in June 2014
- Marketing and Sponsorship co-ordinator at the second largest social and cultural college fest in India. Raised 9.5 million INR
- Represented school (IIT) in televised prime time event
- One of the very few people from my state Jammu & Kashmir to ever go to an IIT
- Taught underprivileged kids elementary maths for a few months.
- Represented state in quizzing and debate competitions at the national level.
- Top 0.1 % of the candidates in Chemistry (12th grade) and awarded Certificate of Merit.
Please let me know if I should consider some other schools as well.
When do I want to apply:
Post MBA goal:
Financial services, in firms like IFC or an investment fund focused on development initiatives.