Joined: 13 Mar 2011
, given: 0
Please evaluate my profile (IIT Delhi, GMAT 720) [#permalink]
27 May 2012, 03:55
I am hoping to get your advice on my chances to get into the top 10 US b-schools
Here is my profile:
Indian Male, 24
Undergraduate: BTech, Chemical Engg. (IIT Delhi)
GMAT : 720 (Q 51, V 35, AWA : 4.5)
GPA : 3.1/4
Consistent high-school performance: Got 94% in 10th std. and 88% in my 12th std.
Work Ex : 4 years post my undergrad degree
Quality of Work ex :
1. 2 yrs work ex. with ZS Associates (A consulting firm focused on pharma/healthcare industry): Joined as an Associate, and got promoted to an Associate Consultant within 2 yr. (fastest in my batch). Worked with Indian, European, American clients on Market research, Marketing strategies, New product launch planning and execution & Sales force effectiveness projects
2. 2 yrs work ex. with Moolchand Healthcare: Working as an EA to the CEO, helping drive various strategic initiatives like Sales & Marketing, recruiting, M&A, fund-raising, Business planning, Reporting etc. I would classify this as a 50% strategy, and 50% execution role.
International exposure :
1. 3 month research internship in a Lab in Frieberg, Germany during my UG.
2. 3 month technical internship in a chemical factory in Rayong, Thailand during my UG.
3. Travelled to the US for client work during my 2 yr stint with ZS Associates
Extra-currics and leadership: Play the guitar/piano and was an active member of the IIT Delhi music club - used to perform for my hostel band. Also, was in the institute water-polo team (have an active interest in swimming)
I would really value your advise on the following two points:
1) Do I have a chance of getting admitted in a top 10? If so, what are the things I can do to make my application stronger?
2) What are the other universities that I can look at, given my ambitions?