Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 02:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please evaluate my profile: IND/26/M/GMAT700/Legal

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 17

Please evaluate my profile: IND/26/M/GMAT700/Legal [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2009, 21:25
*** Post Deleted ***

"Many of the great achievements of the world were accomplished by tired and discouraged men who kept on working."
→ Although that didn't quite get me to HBS, so obviously the quotation is a little idealistic.

Last edited by Turnpike on 22 Nov 2009, 20:48, edited 1 time in total.
SVP
SVP
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 0

Re: Please evaluate my profile: IND/26/M/GMAT700/Legal [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2009, 20:28
Turnpike,

You have quite a distinctive and impressive profile. I don't think you need to worry about retaking the GMAT since your quant and verbal scores are at or near the 80th percentile. Moreover, you will not be competing against the typical Indian applicant who has a high GMAT score -- namely, a technology guy. You are clearly not remotely part of that admissions "bucket" so do not need to get a higher score to "compete" with them.

Since HBS's round 2 deadline is approaching I would channel all your energies into making your essays as strong as they can be (and your reco letters too if you are working with your recommenders on them.) I do think you will have a shot at HBS. If you'd like me to review your essays to give you some helpful feedback, I could do it in under 1 billable hour. My email is pbodine@accepted.com.

--Paul

Paul Bodine /
Author, Great Applications for Business School and Perfect Phrases for Business School Acceptance

Follow Paul Bodine on Twitter

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 17

Re: Please evaluate my profile: IND/26/M/GMAT700/Legal [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2009, 20:47
Thanks Paul for the prompt response. I'm glad you think I'm not part of the typical Indian applicant pool. This had been my most major concern. As far as GMAT is concerned, I have some time still (about 50 days or so); so I was thinking of giving it another shot, since I have only one more essay to write and co-ordinate with the recommenders now. And since I'm only applying to HBS, it makes things easier ;)

Thank you once again :)

"Many of the great achievements of the world were accomplished by tired and discouraged men who kept on working."
→ Although that didn't quite get me to HBS, so obviously the quotation is a little idealistic.

SVP
SVP
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 0

Re: Please evaluate my profile: IND/26/M/GMAT700/Legal [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2009, 16:39