Hello Paul and Team - Hope you all are doing good !!
Could somebody please evaluate my profile and let me know of my chances ? I am looking for a one year executive Full time Residential MBA, most probably from India.
Target Schools - IIM A, IIM B, IIM C, ISB (Please help me out if I should stretch out my search for colleges outside India as well and gain good scholarship. Money is a special consideration if I plan to look for colleges outside India).
Indian IT male, Total Experience - 7 years and 3 Months, planning to apply for MBA in 2014 (I am also OK with applying in 2015 if things do not go as planned)
Graduation - 79% - 7.9/10 (stood first among Boys)
12th - 71%
10th - 70%
GMAT - yet to appear (Targeting score between 720-740)
Work experience ranges from working in a healthcare domain to a Finance domain (current job)
- Working with 3th Largest U.S. Telecommunication company (CenturyLink) after Verizon and AT&T
- Leading a Team of 5 and working in a project that maintains and processes payments coming from 10-15 different interfaces with a customer base in good numbers
- 3 Months International Experience on a business trip
Awards At Work -
- Best Mentor Award in the Mid West Client Delivery Group (it basically had 3 different sub units that in turn had different clients)
- Spot Award Winner
- AE Award Winner (won a trophy and cash voucher)
- Director's Recognition Award from the Director of the India Technology Centre
- Nominated for Outstanding Service Provider Award - The biggest recognition of the company (waiting for the results, fingers crossed)
- Various Other appreciation emails from onshore
- Have also been involved in catching a high Business Impacting issue where the company might have suffered losses in good amounts had the issue went unnoticed
- Nominated for the Bug Star of the Week Event held in the Organization
- Have been a part of Organization's Employee club Team that organizes fests, games events, fund raising, CSRs, etc.
- Involved in anchoring of Organization's event shows
- Sponsoring a Child
- Recently teamed up with a NGO to understand their work flow and will be soon involved in drawing a flowchart of their business, putting ideas that emphasize more on productivity, more customers, less turn around time, etc.
Post MBA Goal - I plan to go into Financial services Industry or a Management Consulting (My first preference would be to land up with a Banking Job. I am basically looking to switch my industry post MBA from IT to something like Management consulting or Financial Services)
Are my plans realistic or am I just aiming too high ? Please do guide me if there are some other courses that I should sign up to increase my chances. I am open to other options as well post MBA.
Thanks in advance for your time and help !!