Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Aug 2014, 21:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

PLease Evaluate my profile - Karthik

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

PLease Evaluate my profile - Karthik [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 08:42
GMAT: 630 (Quants : 48, Verbal :27)

CGPA: Overall aggregate of 75% from Osmania University

Work Ex: Started working with Infosys Limited from Aug 2010, So by time course starts work ex will be 3 complete years.
In a span of 3 years I have worked in the domain of Transportation & Logstics.
My work included the clients such as NIKE,POLO - RAULPH LAUREN , ESPIRIT & APL LOGISTICS.
GAined considerable expertise & leadership skills in this span. Grew from a technical subordinate to the tech representative in the project.

Extra Cirricuars:
Organized various events. Blood camps, Eco Meets & Marathons.
Pioneer of the inititative called Mamatha- which provides education to underprivileged kids.
Part of many an event management programs.

I would like you to evaluate my profile & suggest me on its basis. I have to start my Graduation by 2013 and hence also suggest what level of colleges should i apply.The following are the colleges i am planning to apply.

Aiming:

1.Texas A & M (McCombs)
2. Texas A & M (Mays Business School)
3.Indiana University(Kelley school of business)
4.Kenan-Flagler Business School

Reach Schools:

5. Carnegie Mellon (Tepper School of Business)
6. Yale school of Management

Please advise If my choices for schools are correct. Also, suggest what are the schools that are safe to apply( I mean more/less guarranteed admit).

Thanks a ton in advance,
Your help at this eleventh hour is much appreciated.
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: PLease Evaluate my profile - Karthik [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 09:36
Expert's post
Hi Karthik,

Thanks for sharing your profile. As for your professional background - you've worked with impressive clients so that's great. The challenge is that you fall into the category of Indian Male IT professional, and this means it's more challenging to get into top programs. I do think you have stronger community leadership experience than many of your peers, so you should emphasize that in your application. As for academics, unfortunately your GMAT is a bit low. The good news is that the quant score is weighted more than the verbal, and your quant score is strong.

I think your target programs are in the right range, though your GMAT is probably a touch on the lower than average side for these programs. I think you're right that Tepper and Yale will be difficult. I strongly recommend that you add some safer programs to your list though... something in the range of University of Maryland or Washington University or something like that. There are no guarantees, of course, but I think having some programs like that on your list would be safer (of course, the specific programs are up to you and depends on your interests/criteria).

Best of luck,
Mili

Mili Mittal
Senior Consultant
http://www.mbamission.com

Read the mbaMission Insider's Guides (16 individual school titles)

Download mbaMission’s Free Personal Statement Guide

Visit the mbaMission Blog

Follow mbaMission on Twitter