Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 07:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please evaluate my profile MBA application

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

GMAT ToolKit User
Please evaluate my profile MBA application [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2011, 02:30
Hi, this is my profile:

Female/26/Vietnamese
5 years of experiences at Ernst & Young from graduation
IELTS: 8
Expected GMAT: 710 (will take in November 2011)

EDUCATIONAL HISTORY

- 2008 – present Professional Level - United Kingdom Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA), completed 13/14 required papers.
- 2006 – present Training courses on accounting, auditing, tax, banking and due diligence organized by Ernst & Young Vietnam
- 2002 – 2006 BA, Foreign Trade Economics at Foreign Trade University (FTU) (the most pretigious economic university in Vietnam); GPA: 3.4 (First cohort ranking, 1/120).
Sumitomo Scholarship – an honorable scholarship awarded for top 1% with highest score out of over 1,000 FTU students by-year course – in 2004, 2005 and 2006.

WORK EXPERIENCES

- Transaction Advisory Services Division: In charge of financial and commercial due diligence projects and supported valuation projects in various industries (mobile retailing, banking, securities, real estates, hospitality, health care services, food processing and distribution).
- Assurance Services Division: Senior in charge of the audit of various financial institutions in Vietnam (the 4 biggest state-owned banks and other commercial banks). Involve in the consulting project to establish credit scoring systems for almost all banks in Vietnam

Thank you for always kind supports.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Please evaluate my profile MBA application [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2011, 04:37
Hi,
Are you looking for any specific country and university? If so do let us know so we can advise you accordingly. Thanks :)

Thanks!
Kavita Singh
FutureWorks Consulting
Pre Application Strategies|Admission Consulting |Pre-Departure Coaching|Workshops

Find out where you stand with our Free Assessment Test or drop your resume at kavita@futureworks.co.in

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Please evaluate my profile MBA application [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2011, 05:48
I'm looking for a one-year or accelerated MBA course. My target schools are:
1. Emory University
2. TCU Neeley
3. Babson College
4. Chapman University

Is my resume suitable to apply for these ones. How should I improve the presentation of my resume?

Many thanks

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Please evaluate my profile MBA application [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2011, 05:31
Hi

Thanks for sharing the details. If you are able to score around 700 you would be in a secure position GMAT wise. For example looking at the past mba class profile of your desired schools the students scored – Emory University: Class of 2012: MBA: Average GMAT Score642, Middle 80% GMAT Score Range560-730. Hence you’re expected score makes your chances strong.
Often candidates overweigh GMAT score and under weigh the importance of their profile. Since your GMAT score is fine you should now leverage rest of the profile. Make sure you balance the profile well and plan the things to utilize your time properly across different activities that play vital role in getting admission and your profile building.
Your academics, beyond the academics and your work experience all play vital role.
Generally most of the applicants have a good 4-5 years of work experience. Although it is not just the work experience that counts but also what you did there like-what were your achievements, what initiative you took, what changes you drove in your workplace etc. So to leverage this if you can show that in 5 years you have demonstrated the skills business schools are looking for -you could put in a strong set of essays.

Thanks!
Kavita Singh
FutureWorks Consulting
Pre Application Strategies|Admission Consulting |Pre-Departure Coaching|Workshops

Find out where you stand with our Free Assessment Test or drop your resume at kavita@futureworks.co.in

Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 561 [0], given: 30

Re: Please evaluate my profile MBA application [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2011, 23:00
Expert's post
Well it depends on lots of things, but I would say if you hit even a 670 or higher you would have a good chance to get into one of the schools you applied to, so that takes a bit of pressure off.

As for how to present your resume, well it's something that needs to be worked on. But here are two tips:
1. Focus on ACHIVEMENTS rather than responsibilities
2. Give us the RESULTS of your actions.
soooo for example, we would take your line here:
In charge of financial and commercial due diligence projects and supported valuation projects in various industries

and transform it into something like:
"Oversee a team of ten in five due diligence projects on deals worth 167$ million."
(or whatever details happen to be true)

Hope this helps!

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Re: Please evaluate my profile MBA application   [#permalink] 13 Oct 2011, 23:00