Joined: 09 Nov 2013
, given: 17
Please evaluate my profile. Thank you! [#permalink]
27 Nov 2013, 12:23
I plan to apply by R2 for Sept 2014 start. I have shortlisted a few schools based on my interest in Marketing - preferably in the consumer goods sector, or consulting. I'd truly appreciate it if you could evaluate my profile and suggest whether or not the schools I am aiming for are within reach. Secondly, could you please also recommend any other schools I should consider, given my interests and profile.
Target Schools: NYU Stern, Wharton, UCLA
Post MBA interest: Marketing; more specifically product development/management in the consumer goods sector. Second preference is consulting with an emphasis on marketing.
Canadian, 28, Female
Bachelor of Commerce, Marketing with Co-op from University of Calgary (2008) - 3.54 GPA, Dean's list, and a few scholarships
Gmat: 620 (Q68%, V 55%, 4.5 AWA) I intend to retake it.
I am a market researcher with an international and varied work experience.
- Marketing & Communications Coordinator (1.5 years) in 2 environmental organizations in Calgary, Canada
- Followed by 3.5 years as Digital Consumer Researcher in a digital marketing agency with US and Global clients - in Calgary, Canada
- Currently Research Project Manager (5 months now) in a specialized consultancy - In UK
Gap explanation from 03/2013 - 07/2013:
Took 6 months off for several reasons - volunteer and learn Spanish in Central America, travel extensively in Europe and relocate from Canada to UK.
I have focused on helping the less fortunate and event planning via a number of volunteer activities:
• Helped Spanish-speaking Panamanian kids at a homeless kids shelter (Hogar Trisker, Panama, 2013)
• Led a blood donation drive for colleagues (Critical Mass, 2012)
• Supported the homeless (Mustard Seed, 2012-2013)
• Managed a team to organize a Christmas party for over 200 residents (Residential condominium board member 2011)
• Organized and delivered exam prep events twice for over 150 students (VP Academic of Alliance in Marketing, U of C 2005-2006)
• Executed three major fundraising events, two cultural shows and a dinner/dance gala (VP Marketing of a charitable organization 2005-2006)
Fluent in written/spoken English and Hindi. Beginner in written/spoken Spanish and French.
Thank you for your evaluation.