Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 01:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please Evaluate My Profile. (Thank you), 4-5 yrs ex

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Schools: Yale SOM Class of 2012
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&A)
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 215 [1] , given: 111

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Please Evaluate My Profile. (Thank you) 760 GMAT, 4-5 yrs ex [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2009, 16:17
This post received
KUDOS
i think you have as good of a shot as anyone... just make sure on your remaining essays, you really drill down the "why you want to go to X school" portion of it. usually it's not recommended that people apply to more than a handful of schools, because the quality of the essay and overall application will start to deteriorate. also, they don't usually have a real ranking as to what school they would prefer going to - they just apply to all of the "top" programs and hope to get in somewhere.

if anything, i'd recommend you closely look at your remaining schools, and see if they would be a good fit for you. if you find that they're not, then don't apply there, and instead focus your time on whatever schools are left.

GMAT Debrief

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 43 [1] , given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: Please Evaluate My Profile. (Thank you) 760 GMAT, 4-5 yrs ex [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2010, 00:41
This post received
KUDOS
Your GPA, GMAT and work experience are all very impressive. I know experience at the IFC is something that grad schools look very favorably upon. None of the schools on your list is out of reach with your profile. However, like shadowsjc said, your essays also play a big role in the adcom's decisions. You should focus on your previous experiences and future career goals. Since you worked at the IFC, are you looking to into something more government or non-profit oriented? If so how would you benefit from getting a MBA? These are just some examples.
Re: Please Evaluate My Profile. (Thank you) 760 GMAT, 4-5 yrs ex   [#permalink] 23 Jan 2010, 00:41