I would really appreciate if you could evaluate my profile. I am planning to apply to business schools for session starting Fall 2011.
Age - 33
Marital Status: Married with 2 kids
GMAT: 710 (q49;v38;5.5)
* 4 years bachelor's in business administration (graduation year 1999) from #1 ranked B-school in Pakistan. GPA 3.5. Scored 1st position in one of the semesters and the admission test for this school.
* CFA charterholder since 2003
* Pursuing CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants). Enrolled in Strategic Level Exam. Scored 10th highest marks out of 6000 candidates in the world in "Management Accounting" paper and highest marks in Pakistan in "Financial Analysis" paper.
* Have stood first throughout my school life.
* Got 5th position in High School exam in Karachi.
10 years of work experience in Coporate & Investment Banking in Pakistan. Present job title - Regional Head (South), Corporate Banking.
Some highlights of my professional experience:
* Set up Corporate Banking (South), Real Estate Financing, Investment Banking & Financial Institutions Departments including their philosophy, objectives/budgets, functional organization, composition, and staffing. The startup role involves working closely with credit and policy as well as risk to establish systems, and accountabilities.
* Team member of Financial Due Diligence team responsible for conducting detailed due diligence for potential merger and acquisition of the Bank
* Have been part of the team given the mandate by the Board of Directors to turnaround the Bank and making it a “Significant Player” in the market, I was responsible for setting up Investment Banking Division in one of assignments
* Have represented the Bank as Director (Nominee) on the Board and Member Management Committee of an investee company
* Initiated and managed bank’s first of its kind strategic investments in Pakistan in mega real estate projects.
* Started my banking career as Officer and presently Senior Vice President.
* Have been in suprvising role for the last 5 years and presently leading 3 teams of people.
* Co-founder of a montessori / day care
* Co- founder of a HR recruitment consultancy firm
Short Term Goals:
After getting my MBA from a top business school I want to switch my career to Consulting with a top consultancy firm and gain international exposure.
Univ. of Chicago
Thanking you in advance.
LBS is an excellent choice. Also consider Columbia. I am concerned that the other programs you have names all prefer less experienced applicants. You profile is impressive and they don't get a lot of applications from Pakistan, so you aren't out of the running, but your high level of experience and age probably make you less of a fit at HBS, Stanford and Wharton.
Also consider Tuck
, and INSEAD
Accepted ~ The Premier Admissions Consultancy
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog