Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
Please Evaluate my Profile....Thanks [#permalink]
12 Apr 2010, 02:34
I would really appreciate if you could evaluate my profile. I am planning to apply to business schools for session starting Fall 2011.
Age - 33 Gender: Male Country: Pakistan Marital Status: Married with 2 kids GMAT: 710 (q49;v38;5.5) IELTS: 8.5
* 4 years bachelor's in business administration (graduation year 1999) from #1 ranked B-school in Pakistan. GPA 3.5. Scored 1st position in one of the semesters and the admission test for this school.
* CFA charterholder since 2003
* Pursuing CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants). Enrolled in Strategic Level Exam. Scored 10th highest marks out of 6000 candidates in the world in "Management Accounting" paper and highest marks in Pakistan in "Financial Analysis" paper.
* Have stood first throughout my school life.
* Got 5th position in High School exam in Karachi.
10 years of work experience in Coporate & Investment Banking in Pakistan. Present job title - Regional Head (South), Corporate Banking.
Some highlights of my professional experience:
* Set up Corporate Banking (South), Real Estate Financing, Investment Banking & Financial Institutions Departments including their philosophy, objectives/budgets, functional organization, composition, and staffing. The startup role involves working closely with credit and policy as well as risk to establish systems, and accountabilities.
* Team member of Financial Due Diligence team responsible for conducting detailed due diligence for potential merger and acquisition of the Bank
* Have been part of the team given the mandate by the Board of Directors to turnaround the Bank and making it a “Significant Player” in the market, I was responsible for setting up Investment Banking Division in one of assignments
* Have represented the Bank as Director (Nominee) on the Board and Member Management Committee of an investee company
* Initiated and managed bank’s first of its kind strategic investments in Pakistan in mega real estate projects.
* Started my banking career as Officer and presently Senior Vice President.
* Have been in suprvising role for the last 5 years and presently leading 3 teams of people.
* Co-founder of a montessori / day care
* Co- founder of a HR recruitment consultancy firm
Short Term Goals:
After getting my MBA from a top business school I want to switch my career to Consulting with a top consultancy firm and gain international exposure.
Re: Please Evaluate my Profile....Thanks [#permalink]
01 Jan 2011, 09:59
hi there, msalmangul, after reading your profile it seems to me that you're a pretty standard finance guy who wishes to switch to consulting. You have good academic record and GMAT score. I'm not entirely sure how you came down with this list though. HBS, obviously, can get you in anywhere you want as long as you do the work, but on the other hand, HBS will likely be a stretch for you (apply by all means). HBS has recently skewed its demographic toward a younger applicant pool, but that doesn't mean that HBS doesn't accept anyone over 30 (this same logic applies to Stanford).
I think that if you've done your research well on the schools, apply for them. These schools will get you into the job field you want to be in, again, as long as you do your legwork. I'm not sure how LBS got into this list, but I'd recommend this school only if you're gunning to work in Europe. As you probably know, you have absolutely no safety schools on this list. If this was a personal choice, then don't worry about it. Otherwise, I'd add a few more consulting-feeder schools, such as Tuck, Ross, and Fuqua on there. Good luck!
Re: Please Evaluate my Profile....Thanks
01 Jan 2011, 09:59