Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 17:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please evaluate my study strategy

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 05-23-2012
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 11

Please evaluate my study strategy [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2012, 21:35
I have been spending a consistent amount of time studying for the gmat for past 15 days. I have covered Manhattan SC(2003 edition) Manhattan RC(4th edition) Manhattan Number Properties(in progress abt to complete) Manhattan CR(in progress,just started).

I am also doing 10SCs from OG 12 and 3 RC from OG 12 everyday as practice. I have completed Scs from OG 10.

My SC accuracy rate as of now is 80%. Cant seem to get better than this. And for RCs it varies drastically depending on the content and size of the passage.

Planning to cover all the content and practice questions in Manhattan before taking the first test. As my confidence is on the lower side(due to my prev gmat score of 540 in 2007) seeing a low score might push me further down :( I am taking the test on May 23rd. I intend to cover OG 12, QUant review, Verbal Review and all 8 manhattan books by april-mid. And then its practice every alternate day till may 23rd along with further questions from Gmat club, Og10 and Og11.

Please suggest if there is anything i am missing out on my plan. Missed to add this: I am not working currently so i am spending about 6-7 hours everyday as of now. Also making flash cards of important points and keeping an error log.

Last edited by gayathriz on 12 Mar 2012, 21:38, edited 1 time in total.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2323

Kudos [?]: 9413 [1] , given: 3699

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Please evaluate my study strategy [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2012, 21:36
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
I would take a diagnostic so that you know where you started and how much/little you improved - that will tell your speed (how fast you are able to improve) and will hopefully also give you a boost in terms of (hey, I am feeling good, I am 50 or 100 points above my original score).

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 05-23-2012
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 11

Re: Please evaluate my study strategy [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2012, 21:41
bb wrote:
I would take a diagnostic so that you know where you started and how much/little you improved - that will tell your speed (how fast you are able to improve) and will hopefully also give you a boost in terms of (hey, I am feeling good, I am 50 or 100 points above my original score).

Thanks bb. But is it good to take a test when i know my Quant skills need a lot of improvement. I havent covered much in Quants yet. Though from an engineering background, i would consider my quant skills to be only average.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GPA: 3.28
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 57 [1] , given: 72

Re: Please evaluate my study strategy [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2012, 22:31
This post received
KUDOS
gayathriz wrote:
bb wrote:

Thanks bb. But is it good to take a test when i know my Quant skills need a lot of improvement. I havent covered much in Quants yet. Though from an engineering background, i would consider my quant skills to be only average.

What i suggest is that you should go through the quant books and complete all the sections and then only give the prac test. Then you can analyse your weaknesses and strengths . Once you are through with the entire material and you have given a test then start doing the Official Material and keep on giving prac tests in between .
I hope you have got sufficient amount of time with so utilize it to the best and give as many prac cats as possible.
Best of luck for your preparations.

If you like my post, Press +1 KUDO. It is the best way to say Thanks .

Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 324 [0], given: 191

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Please evaluate my study strategy [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2012, 00:48
Most of the people preparing for GMAT are working professionals with 4 year college degrees. Such people are self driven and do not need full time courses. What they need is a GMAT Strategist - one who can identify the optimal plan of attack. Most people substitute this by a friend.

The question is not can you rise up to iconic! The real question is will you ?

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GPA: 3.28
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 72

Re: Please evaluate my study strategy [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2012, 02:42
AbhiJ wrote:
Most of the people preparing for GMAT are working professionals with 4 year college degrees. Such people are self driven and do not need full time courses. What they need is a GMAT Strategist - one who can identify the optimal plan of attack. Most people substitute this by a friend.

Totally agree with AbhiJ. Studying with a friend will always help and you can improve yourself easily 8-)

If you like my post, Press +1 KUDO. It is the best way to say Thanks .

Re: Please evaluate my study strategy   [#permalink] 13 Mar 2012, 02:42