Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Aug 2014, 03:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please evaluate my TOEFL Essay

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Please evaluate my TOEFL Essay [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2011, 07:04
Topic: Some people say that computers have made life easier and more convenient. Other people say that computers have made life more complex and stressful. What is your opinion? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

My response:

Computers are often being regarded as one of the finest inventions ever made in the history of mankind. Some people therefore believe that, computers have made lives easier and more convenient while few others believe that, it has introduced needless complexities in our lives and have even made lives more stressful. However, I believe that computers have made our lives easier and convenient too. Computers can perform the most complicated calculations in few seconds. It is helpful in learning several news things while browsing the Internet and also is rapidly substituting the traditional sources of entertainment.

Computers have revolutionized the scientific industry by speeding up the problem solving approach typically the intricate mathematical calculations involved. It has further introduced several methodologies which solve the most difficult differential equations which could not be manually solved. The entire research process has thereby gathered pace owing to such innovation. Furthermore, the semiconductor companies can use computers to simulate their electronic designs, subsequently saving the total time to market. This has ultimately benefited the end users by providing them access to the latest tecnologies at a greater pace.

Additionally, computers have allowed an access to a vast sea of information by introducing the concept of the Internet. An individual can browse the Internet and get solutions to their queries quickly. It therefore, offers a series of learning opportunities to individuals. Moreover, it helps us know the real time updates across the globe. A virtual social world has also been established to connect to our freinds even in the most remote locations.Without a computer, it is hard to imagine such access to information.

Finally, computers are rapidly replacing the conventional sources of recreation. Watching a high definition movie on a computer is a fascinating experience. It not only is convenient for people contrast to going to a movie theater but also better in terms of the viewing experience. The graphics and animations introduced in the movies can be analyzed and enjoyed in a better way on computers with high end processors and graphics cards which enhance the graphics viewing experience.

To conclude, computers have truly made our lives easier and far more convenient.It has improved our problem solving techniques,given access to the wide range of information via the Internet and also enhanced our recreation experience.
Please evaluate my TOEFL Essay   [#permalink] 02 Aug 2011, 07:04