Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Sep 2014, 22:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please give me feedback.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.65
WE: Sales (Insurance)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 5

Please give me feedback. [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2011, 03:50
Hi I wrote this in the peer review forum, but would be very thankful for a consultant review in this forum.

I just tried out the business school selector at veritasprep's website, and it gave me some surprisingly good results.
It suggested that I apply to Harvard, MIT, Stanford and Upenn. Basically, this is my profile. I have no work experience post-graduation, but after one of my friends at USC got accepted to INSEAD with 0 years of post-graduation experience, I figured it would be foolish not to investigate this further. (and another one got into JD/MBA at chapman with no work experience, but that is not as significant) And after trying out the selector with my profile I was delightfully surprised.

Current GPA: 3.58 at USC (still have two semesters left to graduate, might be able to raise to 3.65-3.7), All As and one B at Stockholm Univeristy
GMAT: aiming for 740-750 (got 710 first time I did a full diagnostic test in GMATprep)
University: USC (B.sc), Stokcholm University (LL.M ~ 4 year J.D. Equivalent)
Major: Business, Law
Military experience: yes, 1 year in Sweden. Squadleader, Sergeant rank.
Extracurriculars: about 7-8 hours a week probably.
Leadership positions: only informal positions of leadership, but isnt that what really counts?
Postgraduate work experience: 0
Hope to apply in round 1.
Will hire consultants to help me write essays and make me interesting.

Have had internships in managment consulting/insurance brokerage at Gallagher benefit services, and with the U.S. commercial service at the U.S. embassy in Stockholm. Have worked as an insurance broker for about 14 months, sold over $1,000,000 of insurance. Thereby I also have international work experience. Might also do an internship with at Swedish trade council in Warsaw or in Istanbull. Currently working as a high school substitute teacher, while studying. Also get paid to watch the neighbours dog.

04/2011 GMATprep2: 710
05/07/2011 GMATprep1: 770
05/27/2011 GMAT test 1: 760

Veritas Prep GMAT Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes