Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 17:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please Guide me

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 460 Q38 V17
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.56
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 134

Please Guide me [#permalink] New post 17 May 2012, 05:07
How long will it take to move from 460 to 600 range?I studied 3 three months alone and scored a horrible 460.Now,I have 3 months in my hand and I am currently planning to take a leave from my job...Is there anyone who scored around 600 from 400 range?Can you give me a guideline to approach?

Thanks
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Followers: 122

Kudos [?]: 603 [0], given: 114

Re: Please Guide me [#permalink] New post 17 May 2012, 07:12
How long will you take leave from your job? I would just remember, that you don't want to burn out, so make sure to have a healthy work/life/study balance so you don't actually hurt your studying.

That being said, I would start here: new-to-the-gmat-club-start-here-130870.html and look up our study plans, books, etc...

It might be a good idea to purchase a guided self study program from one of the companies advertised on our site. Something guided will help you hit every topic. The fact that you scored a 460 shows me that you have a lack of understanding of some of the foundations of topics. If you lack foundations, you need to build those before you can build on ANY intermediate or advanced topics. So your goal should be to start easy, refresh your memory of simple quant and verbal info, and then start building from there. If you build a house without a foundation it will fall.

Good luck with your journey, and a jump to 600+ in 3 months is definitely possible. We see it all the time. You just have to leave your previous studying behind you and go at it this time 110%.

New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>

My GMAT and BSchool Tips:

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 295

Kudos [?]: 691 [0], given: 6

Re: Please Guide me [#permalink] New post 17 May 2012, 07:56
Expert's post
What did you do during those 3 months?

Did you know what your rough score estimate was before going into the exam?

It's always best to at least go through 1 or 2 GMATPrep cat exams. If you are not anywhere near your target exam, you should consider postponing your exam date.

Don't go to bed until you understand the questions you got wrong that day. Don't go into the exam room until understand generally where you stand in terms of scoring.

Take a rest / breather. On the positive note, there's room to improve and good resources available around you.

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1149

Kudos [?]: 5339 [1] , given: 165

Re: Please Guide me [#permalink] New post 17 May 2012, 08:24
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
farukqmul wrote:
How long will it take to move from 460 to 600 range?I studied 3 three months alone and scored a horrible 460.Now,I have 3 months in my hand and I am currently planning to take a leave from my job...Is there anyone who scored around 600 from 400 range?Can you give me a guideline to approach?

Thanks

First of all, you don't need to take leave from work. If you put 2-3 hrs everyday and 5-6 hrs over the weekend, 3 months is more than enough time.

It is not hard to go from 460 to 600 (relatively speaking - it is much harder to go from 650 to 750). Lots of our students show similar or more improvement on a regular basis. If working on your own isn't working out for you, do one of the following:

1. Find a study partner - some one who is also taking GMAT and is preferably living in your own city. Hook up over the weekend, discuss fundamentals, tricky questions etc. Try explaining him what you know and request him to explain to you what he knows. Whatever you discuss, you will not forget.

2. Join a class/get a private tutor - there are some people who learn only in a class. Once someone explains them a concept, they understand it and then apply it well but they find it very hard (are too impatient) to figure it out on their own. A class helps in such cases. A private tutor is the most convenient but also the most expensive. Alternatively, if a friend in your circle has taken GMAT and scored very well, you can ask him to help you out (and in return you can take the person out to lunch!)

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Re: Please Guide me   [#permalink] 17 May 2012, 08:24