Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Nov 2014, 04:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

please guide me if am at right place

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

please guide me if am at right place [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2012, 20:01
Hi All,

I am Planning to prepare for GMAT and looking for 1 year MBA course (Information Systems) in US.
I have completed Mtech in Computer Science and have 3 yrs of IT experience...

firstly....

Is this the right time for me to prepare and give GMAT for 2014 January intake?
Are there any schools/ Universities offering 1 year MBA..?

Regards
Shruthi
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 18 [1] , given: 16

Re: please guide me if am at right place [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2012, 23:22
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Shruti,

Well you have loads of time but don't be complacent and utilize it well. The sooner you clear off this GMAT hurdle the better but don't rush either.
If you think you are sufficiently prepared and ready to give your best, write it. Also you would get to know in advance if you need to retake or you got the score you wanted.

Also writing good application essays takes time. you need to research about colleges. The better you know about the program requirements and offerings, the better you would be able to choose.
So in my opinion.. write it whenever you feel comfortable.. get a good score and focus on other aspects of you BSchool candidacy.. GMAT is just one of the things.

Best Regards,
Mansoor

PS: Please consider kudos if you found this useful
Intern
Intern

Re: please guide me if am at right place [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2012, 00:37
mansoorfarooqui wrote:
Hi Shruti,

Well you have loads of time but don't be complacent and utilize it well. The sooner you clear off this GMAT hurdle the better but don't rush either.
If you think you are sufficiently prepared and ready to give your best, write it. Also you would get to know in advance if you need to retake or you got the score you wanted.

Also writing good application essays takes time. you need to research about colleges. The better you know about the program requirements and offerings, the better you would be able to choose.
So in my opinion.. write it whenever you feel comfortable.. get a good score and focus on other aspects of you BSchool candidacy.. GMAT is just one of the things.

Best Regards,
Mansoor

PS: Please consider kudos if you found this useful

Mansoor,

Thank you so much for the information you provided..
I have to start my GMAT preparation now...

Also can you please let me know if any US university/B School offering 1 year MBA course..
1 KUDOS received
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 327 [1] , given: 191

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: please guide me if am at right place [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2012, 00:56
This post received
KUDOS
With 3-4 years of experience there are not many US schools that would offer you 1 year MBA, they typically require 10 years or so. However in Europe/ Canada almost all schools offer 1 year MBA. If you are sticking to US you can go for 1 year Masters in Information Systems.

Posted from my mobile device Image

The question is not can you rise up to iconic! The real question is will you ?

Intern
Intern

Re: please guide me if am at right place [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2012, 02:21
Abhij,

I prefer US only...
When you say Masters, is it MBA or PGDBM or MS you are talking about....
I have completed MTech in computer Science and have 3 years exp in technical field. So prefer management side now..

Please advise which course you are talking about and which Exam should be taken for the same..
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 327 [0], given: 191

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: please guide me if am at right place [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2012, 03:00
shru22230 wrote:
Abhij,

I prefer US only...
When you say Masters, is it MBA or PGDBM or MS you are talking about....
I have completed MTech in computer Science and have 3 years exp in technical field. So prefer management side now..

Please advise which course you are talking about and which Exam should be taken for the same..

Its masters degree by B Schools - if you go to B Schools and look for Graduate Programme you would find MIS(Masters in Information Systems).

For example:
http://www.heinz.cmu.edu/school-of-info ... index.aspx
Not all schools offer such degrees but several do. You will need to go to individual websites to find out.
I think you need to give GMAT for the same. Though many schools accept GRE now so you would need to go to individual sites to find out.

The question is not can you rise up to iconic! The real question is will you ?

Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 16

Re: please guide me if am at right place [#permalink] New post 01 Jan 2013, 03:34
dont know much about US schools.. will start my research soon.. currently focusing on UK only and a bit of asian schools..
Re: please guide me if am at right place   [#permalink] 01 Jan 2013, 03:34