Hello, hoping you could help me to
1: Evaluate my prospects
2: Narrow my focus on the schools below
I have a great career going in one of the tier two (Deloitte, Accenture, IBM, KPMG, etc) firms in a management consulting practice but have been thinking about an MBA since I graduated from college.
My employer has a tuition reimbursement program for high performers like me and I wish to pursue a graduate degree to increase my skills and move from my current human capital focus to more strategic consulting work. I would like to transition to the McKinsey/BCG/Bain tier but will potentially need to return to my employer to fulfill the requirements of the scholarship program.
I’m definitely an intuitive-verbal-communicator type and had to do some serious studying to get my GMAT quant score up.
Female, 27 – 28 at matriculation (June, 1984)
Caucasian, of Italian decent (immigrant parents)
GMAT: 710 (48Q,40V) Worth retaking? Unlikely I'll ever be a 740+ type
BA English Literature & Creative Writing, Liberal Arts School, 2006 with Minors in Economics & Classical History
GPA: 3.66, with strong grades in all quant classes
• Study Abroad: 7 months in Rome, Italy with coursework in Classics, History, Italian Language, Art History
• Lots of University Extra Curriculars in music, sports, community volunteering
4.5 years (5.5 at matriculation) at major consultancy’s management consulting practice
• Specialization in Human Capital consulting
• Promoted from analyst to consultant to manager in 4.5 years (extra fast-track)
• Rated in top 30% FY09, FY10, top 5% FY11
• Projects included ERP, M&A (pre acquisition readiness), strategic planning governance
• Lots of formal and informal leadership experience (consultant and client direct reports, volunteer leadership roles, etc)
Work Extra Curriculars
• Lead new hire integration program
• On recruiting team for big 10 university
• 2 Pro Bono projects with local environmental non-profit (talent strategy, strategic planning)
Non-work extra curriculars
• Accounting Aid - tax preparation for low income residents
• Community mentorship program for a teen girl with Asperger's syndrome
The schools on my firm’s scholarship program are this:
Clearly there are some I’ve got no shot at, but could you help me group/prioritize into mega-stretch, stretch, solid chance?
Thanks much in advance!
GMAT Story http://gmatclub.com/forum/100-point-improvements-they-are-possible-124223.html
Profile/School Status http://gmatclub.com/forum/2012-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-116595-40.html#p1028789