Female - 25 - Thai
1) Been working at Abbott Laboratories for the past 4 years. Current Roles: Sr. Financial Analyst working in Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis. The group works closely to CFO and provide forecast information (Latest Best Estimates, Plan Benchmark and Long Range Plan). Currently I am also responsible for modelling the company split. Prior Roles: Financial Analyst in Nutrition International business responsible for consolidation of 50+ affiliates around the world. Deal directly with regional offices. Ad-hoc role, dealing with almost anything ranging from reporting, financial system, supply chain and validating consulting contracts.
2) GMAT - 1st attempt
Total: 700 (Q47/V39) AWA and IR results are not out yet.
3) College info: Indiana University Bloomington, Kelley school of business. GPA 3.67/4.0 Major: Finance (3.6 GPA) and Accounting (3.6 GPA); President of Thai Student Association. Received faculty grant for all 4 years by maintaining GPA above 3.0. Received Founder's day award for all 4 years.
4) College achievements: President of Thai Student Association. Post college: I kept close contact with Thai Student Association in IU as advisor. I helped advise many Thai students who may need guidance on career, life in US and etc. I did not participate in any volunteer program since work was very demanding combine with studying for CFA. I do participate in charity race regularly. I understand this may be my weak point.
5) CFA Level II candidate
6) Harvard, Columbia (Early decision?), NYU, Wharton
7) Work in consulting specialize in consumer products or pharmaceutical industries. Short term goals: I have maintained relationship with several BCG friends who may help with referrals.
What are my chances at getting into top 25 MBA program in US? What safety schools should I consider?
Harvard, Wharton and CBS are stretches, but given your goals, background, excellent grades and competitive work experience, it still makes sense for you to apply. Also consider Duke, Ross, Darden, and Cornell Johnson.
Accepted ~ The Premier Admissions Consultancy
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog