Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:25 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 38
Schools: Ross '19 (A$)
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q50 V31
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.51
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Re: Please help evaluate my profile : Southeast Asian girl [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
nattiya27 wrote:
Hello,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your help :)

Here is my profile :
- I'm a female 25-year-old candidate from Thailand.
- I graduated from a top university in Thailand with GPA of 3.51/4.00 in Accounting
- I'm working as an Auditor (senior associate) at PricewaterhouseCoopers Thailand. I'll have 4 years of working experience when the school starts.
- My GMAT score is 710 (91 percentile) with Quant 49 (77 percentile), Verbal 36 (81 percentile) and IR 8 (92 percentile)
- My extracurricular activities include teaching underprivileged children at slums and other places. I also conducted a award-winning short film competition to
help lessen corruption problem in my country.
- My post career goal is to be a finance manager in Energy Sector, which is the sector I audited during my years at PwC. I am particularly interested in Renewable energy and investment in energy sector in Southeast Asia.

I plan to apply to Wharton, Kellog (1-year program), Ross (University of Michigan), Columbia and London Business School.

What is my chance of getting into these schools?
Also, if you have any recommendations about things I should do to improve my profile, please tell me. I'll follow your advice.

Thank you.
Nat

Hey Nat!!
Great to hear from you!!!
I like your profile a lot. You have an interesting and unique background, and very laudable goals!
As a Thai female candidate with an excellent employer and an equally excellent GMAT you are already off to a very good start. I would need to know more detail about your work experience, your advancement your ECs and volunteer work, but basically things look very good.

I think your school list is a biiit challenging and you should spread out your target list to Top15/20 schools. But I also think that you can choose schools that fit your goals better. For example Haas and McCombs are two schools that have specific renewable energy finance programs that fit you PERFECTLY! Also, there is Rice, which is not a Top 10 schools, but given it is one of the best schools in Texas it places amazingly well in Oil and Gas (companies which of course also own renewable energy departments), and since your profile is quite strong you might also get some scholarship money there!

Anyhow, I'd be happy to help you further if you need any advice r.e. schools, strategy or anything. Just drop us a line!

https://admissionado.com/free-consultati ... n=mba_blog
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Please help evaluate my profile : Southeast Asian girl [#permalink]