Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 14:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please help :( I failed the GMAT (420)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

Please help :( I failed the GMAT (420) [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2011, 08:26
Hi Everyone,
I took the GMAT back in July and scored a 420 (35 percentile in Verbal and 10 Percentile in Math). I did take the Kaplan course which is really helpful, and I study seriously for about a month, averaging about 4 to 6 hours a day. I was scoring between 550 and 620 on my CATs from Kaplan. I felt ready and pretty confident and to this day, i just dont know what happened and why i failed. I have never failed anything in my life and it was quiet devastating for me since I couldn't get in to Graduate school and lost a year of my life because of the GMAT. I am planning on taking it around June 10th so i have 5 weeks. I am really hoping I will beat the GMAT this time, but I am just not motivated and feel very discouraged. I just feel that I cant pass it and get the score i need. I consider myself as a smart person but the GMAT makes me feel like a dummy and kills my confidence. I always screw up the Quantitative portion which i don't understand, i have always been good in math. Please help me and give me any insights you might have:)

Report this post
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 288

Kudos [?]: 660 [0], given: 6

Re: Please help :( I failed the GMAT (420) [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2011, 11:54
Expert's post
n1esrine wrote:
Hi Everyone,
I took the GMAT back in July and scored a 420 (35 percentile in Verbal and 10 Percentile in Math). I did take the Kaplan course which is really helpful, and I study seriously for about a month, averaging about 4 to 6 hours a day. I was scoring between 550 and 620 on my CATs from Kaplan. I felt ready and pretty confident and to this day, i just dont know what happened and why i failed. I have never failed anything in my life and it was quiet devastating for me since I couldn't get in to Graduate school and lost a year of my life because of the GMAT. I am planning on taking it around June 10th so i have 5 weeks. I am really hoping I will beat the GMAT this time, but I am just not motivated and feel very discouraged. I just feel that I cant pass it and get the score i need. I consider myself as a smart person but the GMAT makes me feel like a dummy and kills my confidence. I always screw up the Quantitative portion which i don't understand, i have always been good in math. Please help me and give me any insights you might have:)

Report this post

Keep your head up! You've done significantly better on practice exams so focus on glass half full. Look carefully over the types of questions you got wrong. Ask yourself why you get them wrong and what you could have done to not make that mistake in the future. Are you thinking efficiently and effectively? Open yourself to help from others who have been successful. How is your thinking different from their thinking?

Don't forget the psychological aspects of the exam--many people underestimate these components: http://www.gmatpill.com/about/studying- ... trategies/

Good luck--you can do it!

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Re: Please help :( I failed the GMAT (420)   [#permalink] 27 Apr 2011, 11:54