Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:24 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 251 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Fig wrote:
Welcome Neueziel ! :)

It's very nice that u have decided to post more than lurke ;) :)... Actually, one key of improvments is how much u participe to this forum :). U should expose your answers to the view of other testtakers in order to have remarks or to assimilate better/other ways to solve math problems for instance. :)

As Pelihu said, I think u have all the necessary background to go up till the 90 purcentil (49) in quant, at least :)

To understand more about your preparation, I would like to ask u some questions :
> Do u use an errorlog to track your mistakes? To identify your weak areas?
> How many time did u do a whole GMATPrep or a consor exam? with or without the AWA section?
> After 1min30 lasted on a single quant question, do u ask yourselves : Can I solve this question within the next 30s or not?
> Do u practice questions in sets or independently ? For how long?

Last thing...... U can do it ! :D :)

Hey thanks for all the encouragement!!

As for the questions you asked:
1. I base all of my studying off of the Manhattan GMAT books. I study an entire book and do the problems. After completeting the problems I review the ones I get wrong.
2. Honestly I didn't really take any practice tests to work on my timing. I probably took a few tests from GMAT Prep the week of the exam.
3. No I really wasn't too concerned with time. Unfortunately that is the cause of th elower score I think.
4. I do the problems listed in the Manhattan GMAT guide everytime I finish a book. So all the problems I do are focused on a particular topic. As for how long it takes for me to do the problems, I usually take as long as I need.

From answering all those questions its clear that I have no time management skills. Do you have any advice on working on that.

Once again thanks for all your help!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 251 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi neueziel :)

Good news : u can do thing to progress :)

There are my advices:

> Step 1 : Put u in exam conditions. U need to work on sets of question and to spend time in intensive practices. Concretly, plan to work 3 h on weekdays : half for the practice of questions and half for the correction of your mistakes. A wrong question should receive 3 min minum for a deep understanding. Use this the GMATClub search tool for this goal. It's "magical" and very accurate tool, u will see :)

> Step 2 : Preserve your mistakes in a errorlog. This habit will be benefical to identify your weak areas and to address them by appropriate deeper studies. At the end of your preparation, u will be able to see paterns of usual mistakes. Thus, u will be able also to set measures in order to reduice your "silly" mistakes.

> Step 3 : Take 1 full exam a week. U will build up your confidence by seeing that u can make up your score :)... Do not forget the AWA : it's crucial to give the full 4 hours. U will perhaps identofy a problem of concentration or lack of energy at half of the verbal section.

> Step 4 : Never stop 1 section to the benefit of the other one. It's the case also for sub categories such as SC or CR. U need to work on all and to focus on weak areas. If u stop working on some parts, u will observe a lose of abilities on it. To me, the GMAT test is a matter of peacking all our skills to maximum for the GDay.

> Step 5 : Partice on this forum :)... A great community is here to help u :)

Good luck ! :)
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]