Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Oct 2014, 20:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please help me in deciding among following universities!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Please help me in deciding among following universities!! [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2010, 23:02
Hi
As i do not have a good GMAT score so i am left out with few options in hand in term of Universities where i can apply to .
Here is the list of 4 Universities :
1.Bradford University
2.Glasgow University
3.Aston University
4.Birmingham University

Please if any body can help me in deciding amongst these Univ which 1 is better ,i would really appreciate that.
I am looking forward to Entrepreneurial program .
I know that i can give GMAT another shot and can try for better options but due to time constraint i have limitations .
I would really appreciate a quick response on this .

Thanks & Regards
Varun
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 80 [0], given: 157

Re: Please help me in deciding among following universities!! [#permalink] New post 20 Jul 2010, 07:33
vkanwal wrote:
Hi
As i do not have a good GMAT score so i am left out with few options in hand in term of Universities where i can apply to .
Here is the list of 4 Universities :
1.Bradford University
2.Glasgow University
3.Aston University
4.Birmingham University

Please if any body can help me in deciding amongst these Univ which 1 is better ,i would really appreciate that.
I am looking forward to Entrepreneurial program .
I know that i can give GMAT another shot and can try for better options but due to time constraint i have limitations .
I would really appreciate a quick response on this .

Thanks & Regards
Varun

Hi Varun,

I can understand the GMAT part, at the end of the day if the adcoms agree with your point then thats the end of your worries.

Note i am giving this info based on only my personal knowledge.

Glasgow university is really great for an Msc, but not sure about MBA even then it has a good reputation among inner parts of UK.

Ashton University is also well recognized, but i would hold it one or 2 points lower than Glasgow.

Ashton attracts many UK nationals as well, so you could build a good network.

Glasgow is in scotland, so not many english people tend to live off far away and tend to prefer universities which are internal to U.K.

Just a suggestion, i would advise you to apply also to LSE, Kingston university and i would say you can pretty much get into LSE, though LSB may be difficuly with low GMAT.

U.K. adcoms in my assumption would see what kind of a person you are rather than drill you on technicalities.

Take care.

If you found the reply to be helpful, give kudos.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Please help me in deciding among following universities!! [#permalink] New post 20 Jul 2010, 09:27
Hi BlueRobin
Thank you so much for your time and valuable sugestion.I have completely understood what you are trying to make me understand here and shall look forward to universities with the same outlook as you have asked me to. I would be applying to Glasgow and Ashton tomorrow and even to LSB .
One more quick question , i have been searching alot for universities which have their spring intake ti.e somewhere in Jan - june. Do you have any idea that there are any good universities which welcome students in this session .If that is the case that i wnt mind giving GMAT another shot .
Please if you have any queue about it do letmen know .
Thanks again .
Regards
Varun
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 80 [1] , given: 157

Re: Please help me in deciding among following universities!! [#permalink] New post 20 Jul 2010, 14:26
This post received
KUDOS
vkanwal wrote:
Hi BlueRobin
Thank you so much for your time and valuable sugestion.I have completely understood what you are trying to make me understand here and shall look forward to universities with the same outlook as you have asked me to. I would be applying to Glasgow and Ashton tomorrow and even to LSB .
One more quick question , i have been searching alot for universities which have their spring intake ti.e somewhere in Jan - june. Do you have any idea that there are any good universities which welcome students in this session .If that is the case that i wnt mind giving GMAT another shot .
Please if you have any queue about it do letmen know .
Thanks again .
Regards
Varun

Hi Varun, glad if it made sense.

Keep in mind that in Lsb, unless you are really really want to go there, you would find mature people there, bankers and other people, its different from USA schools, as its only one of the biggest business schools in U.K. and almost everybody wants to get into it. Its also very costly for one year.

LSE is also good. I am not sure about the starting dates, but every university prefers normal dates, i.e. fall.

Regards.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 80 [0], given: 157

Re: Please help me in deciding among following universities!! [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2010, 20:09
Hi Varun, i will keep this quick.

LSE is very picky about candidates. Look at their acceptance rate. Its because the school is heavy for economics and finance.
Apply to kingston, then glasgow, then aston.
Even if you need a loan , apply for one and get into kingston. Its in London and if you did your mba in that area compared to scotland then you will have better prospects, location matters.

There are several other schools like IE, Rotman, but your school needs to be recognized.

Dont just do an mba for time sake, i can assume why you said glasgow and aston but i am telling you again, apply to kingston or some other school instead. BUT this is important, you might as well get into a non traditionmal mba school and become really successful.

Regards.

Last edited by BlueRobin on 20 Aug 2010, 06:54, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 13

Re: Please help me in deciding among following universities!! [#permalink] New post 04 Aug 2010, 19:26
Have you visited the campus?

If you liked my post, please consider thanking me with Kudos! I really appreciate it! :)

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 10

Re: Please help me in deciding among following universities!! [#permalink] New post 18 Aug 2010, 21:52
Does LSE offer its own MBA program? coz I know that it just offers an EMBA program called TRIUM which runs jointly with NYU Stern & HEC Paris.

However, I would rate Birmingham University at the top of your list as it has a good job placement, and would keep Aston as a backup.
Re: Please help me in deciding among following universities!!   [#permalink] 18 Aug 2010, 21:52