Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 20:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please help me in picking some schools to look at!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
BSchool Thread Master
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 550 Q30 V36
GMAT 2: 660 Q41 V40
GMAT 3: 670 Q44 V38
GPA: 3.27
WE: Corporate Finance (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 70

Reviews Badge
Please help me in picking some schools to look at! [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 11:13
I've got a pretty thorough list, but I wanted to post this here just in case I'm missing something.

I'm in the process of bringing my GMAT score up to over 700, so if you have any suggestions for schools not on that list but in the area of my gmat/gpa, I'd appreciate it :)

I'm looking to get into a consumer loyalty/customer insights position, so I'm looking for a school with a strong marketing/consumer behavior focus or the ability to customize my curriculum to match the career path I'd like to follow. I'm about 95% sure I'd like to stay in the US for this, and 99.9% sure I don't want to stay in the Philly area for this. I'd love a change of scenery and there are a few schools that I am interested in. I'm just asking for input just to see if there may be any schools that I may have overlooked in my search process.

Thanks!

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." - Walt Disney

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 411 [1] , given: 244

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Please help me in picking some schools to look at! [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 11:18
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
RyanCJW wrote:
I've got a pretty thorough list, but I wanted to post this here just in case I'm missing something.

I'm in the process of bringing my GMAT score up to over 700, so if you have any suggestions for schools not on that list but in the area of my gmat/gpa, I'd appreciate it :)

I'm looking to get into a consumer loyalty/customer insights position, so I'm looking for a school with a strong marketing/consumer behavior focus or the ability to customize my curriculum to match the career path I'd like to follow. I'm about 95% sure I'd like to stay in the US for this, and 99.9% sure I don't want to stay in the Philly area for this. I'd love a change of scenery and there are a few schools that I am interested in. I'm just asking for input just to see if there may be any schools that I may have overlooked in my search process.

Thanks!

Definitely look at NYU, especially if you want to go into digital. They just created a new digital analytics specialization so the area in the program is really taking off.

Yale doesn't have specializations like that, but I liked that from an academic standpoint a lot of their professors are really strong in behavioral economics and will have leads into the industry. To be competitive though, you'll have to get 700+ on your GMAT. Yale has one of the highest GMAT/GPA averages across all schools.

Duke/Ross are strong in marketing as well but in more general marketing. Yes you can customize and take whatever you want so that could be a perk for you.

You could also look at McCombs (which I see you are) since their marketing program is really strong as well, as well as Carlson given their recruiting into CPG-- if you want to do consumer insights for CPG.

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Kelley (Indiana) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE: Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 37 [1] , given: 23

Re: Please help me in picking some schools to look at! [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 14:26
This post received
KUDOS
You know, my dream job (well, one of them) would be managing an airline loyalty programme so I think we have similar interests. Based on the schools you previously applied to/are interested in and your stats, I think Ross, Fuqua and Kelley would all suit you. They'll all get you far away from Philly and all are strong in Marketing.
Re: Please help me in picking some schools to look at!   [#permalink] 15 Mar 2013, 14:26