Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 12:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please Help me in selecting B-schools

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Phulvir: Khatra
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Please Help me in selecting B-schools [#permalink] New post 21 Aug 2013, 09:08
Hi Everybody ,

I am following GMAT club from last 4 months but this is my first post here . I am a 28 year old male from India and i like saying that i am not from an engineering background :) . Yesterday i took my GMAT exam and scored exactly 700 (Q49 - 81%ile , V37 - 83%ile) . From my knowledge of practice tests i can say i will get at least 7 in IR and atleast 5 in AWA section . My profile is as following :-

EDUCATION
Bachelors in Science with Physics ,chemistry and Math
Masters in English Literature
MBA in marketing with 67% marks from one of the good Universities of India

WORK EXPERIENCE
Was the only one to get Pre-placement offer on the basis of my summer training
Joined Glaxo smith Kline consumer Healthcare ltd and handled Punjab region as a territory sales executive for 2 years and 7 months before immigrating to Canada

EXTRA ACTIVITIES AND ACHIEVEMENTS
Was part of the mega-successful launch of world's number 1 sensitivity toothpaste , Sensodyne , and received a Spirit award
Some other awards at GSK and attended 3 international conferences at Malaysia , Thailand and Dubai
Won a silver medal in chess at University level and was the captain of school and college cricket team

CURRENTLY i am working with THE BRICK ( The largest retailer of Furniture , appliances and electronics in Canada ) as a Sales Consultant . My current job is very challenging and
solely commission based . I was working full time while preparing for GMAT and never joined any coaching classes .

Can anybody please tell me how good my profile sounds and which all schools should i target .

Regards .
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 2

Re: Please Help me in selecting B-schools [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2013, 23:49
Well, your profile sounds really good. You have a decent GMAT score, and you come from less competitive educational background. What was your GPA in Bachelors and Masters? Your GPA in MBA is quite low and that might raise some eyebrows. Why do you want to do a second MBA?

Your achievements at workplace are OK. I cannot see any career growth in your application. List out your leadership roles and accomplishments. Elaborate more on this in your essays.

Your extracurricular activities are below average. Did you win awards in cricket when you were captain? Have you participated in any activities after college?

Good luck!
http://www.InterviewBay.com
Intern
Intern
Phulvir: Khatra
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Please Help me in selecting B-schools [#permalink] New post 23 Aug 2013, 10:24
Ok , here are a few more answers to your questions :-

WHY SECOND MBA :- My first Mba helped me gain an edge over my Indian counterparts , get a good job with a great company . It helped me gain invaluable experience of 3 years in FMCG industry . Now I have immigrated to Canada and I am doing a sales job with Canada's leading retailer . Though my good education and work experience in India makes me competitive with my American counterparts but i feel to gain an edge over them i badly need a ********* MBA . An MBA from ******* will help me get used to business environment here in Americas and will help me compensate for my lack of education in this part of world . MORE ABOUT LEADERSHIP : Handled a team of 15 DSR's (Distributor sales representatives ) spanned across 6 different cities . Trained all the DSR's regularly and chaired monthly meetings with them . Yielded a month on month growth of above 30% throughout my tenure worked upon increasing the penetration of Brands like Horlicks , sensodyne and Crocin in rural areas . MORE EXTRAS AND ACHIEVEMENTS :- 1st prize ( team )in Annual Case study competition at university during MBA .. . . . Organized 2 national level seminars at my college during Masters in English a d presented a paper on " contemporary Indian writings in English ", hosting various dignitaries across the nation . PROMOTION AT WORK :- Was about to be promoted and transferred to a new territory but had to immigrate to Canada so quit the job . . . . . More feedback please !!!!!

Posted from my mobile device Image

Posted from my mobile device Image
Re: Please Help me in selecting B-schools   [#permalink] 23 Aug 2013, 10:24