Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Nov 2014, 18:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

PLEASE HELP ME SENIORS.........

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
WE: General Management (Manufacturing)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 15

PLEASE HELP ME SENIORS......... [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2006, 11:58
:) hi,
i am a final yr. engg student whose just made up his mind to take up GMAT prep. i plan to do one-two years job...... only after that i intend 2 give the gmat....... pls suggest a gameplan for me......... :lol: i know that this ques. is being asked the nth time now........ but for a time frame as large as i have........ i jus dont know what to do...... which books to study and everything........ kaplan, og, princeton(heard and got familiar with these words only here at this forum.....thanx 2 forum :-D ).... but i am really confused bout what 2 do :? ........PLS SUGGEST A GAMEPLAN........ :(
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2006, 10:59
PLS PLS PLS HELP ME OUT ........ SENIORS...... I AM IN GREAT CONFUSION......THATS COZ I READ SOMEWHERE ON THIS FORUM THAT GMAT PREP MUST NOT B STARTED BEFORE 1 YEAR TO GMAT (OR U TEND 2 FORGET THE CONCEPTS!!!)...... PLS GUIDE ME SENIORS......AS I HAVE BOUT TWO YEARS TO PREPARE.............PLS HELP ME OUT......SOS :cry:
CEO
CEO
Followers: 61

Kudos [?]: 679 [0], given: 781

[#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2006, 13:34
I would rather take the GMAT when i have the most time. Because scores are valid for 5 years, its best to take the GMAT when you have the greatest opportunity to do well. If you have time now, you should start prepping now .There is really no one answer to the question "how should i prepare". There are so many factors that go into a good score. All you can do is to read several experiences and see what advice suits you best. Remember, you could score a 750 after studying for a week or after studying for a month or after studying for three years. The length of time does not matter. Where on the talent scale are you in GMAT Math and GMAT Verbal?
Take a diagnostic test (or two). That will help answer that question. Whether you are eventually able to consolidate on your strengths and minimize your weaknesses is where its at.

Discipline is often the most overlooked aspect of GMAT prep. So , if you find it difficult to stick to a schedule , you should consider hiring a private tutor or enrolling in a classroom or online course.

Incidentally, typing in caps and using lot of smilies will not cause a reader to read more carefully. It is also considered "shouting". Also, when you post, please make an effort to show what steps you have taken to solve the problem. There are many quality posts here that talk about GMAT preparation. Please make an effort to read through them.

Hope this helps

thanks
Praetorian
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2006, 05:10
thanx Praetorian,
sorry if i bugged u....... i m new 2 this forum.......caps or "shouting" will not b repeated again.........and thanx for that precious advice....... will start prepration shortly........ thanx again...........

Eat like a Pig, Lift like a Demon & Sleep like Dead.............

[#permalink] 27 Feb 2006, 05:10