Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Oct 2014, 01:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please Help me.. To decide

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Please Help me.. To decide [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2011, 01:25
Hi All,
I'm expecting a great guideline from all of you.
I've been trying to prepare and give GMAT for last two years, but unfortuantely never been possible to get good score and get good college.
This may be due to couple of reasons, my lack of commitment, lack of dedicated preparation and above all my touring job (within us and International as well)

But I've to do MBA that is pretty much sure and that is a commitment to my self.
The problem now arises that I'm ESL and staying in US for a while by now, and my job exp is increasing now I have 9+ yrs of exp.I want to do management as it's good for me.
My question here is should I think about eMBA now. I'm getting admissions in couple of universities like texas and unlv. [even thou I had pathetic score in gmat , when i gave it couple of yrs back.]. They are considering my candidature due to my experience.
I want to do regular MBA for better future aspects . And one more reason I' m not thinking abt emba as these courses are too expensive.
Does is worthy to join emba, in above mentioned universities? would it boost my carrer further? Or would it be wasting money to just get a degree. would I get that much of benefit in my carrer growth or it'll be waste of money and time.

Please suggest.
Any help appreciated.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V47
GPA: 3.14
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 87 [1] , given: 57

Re: Please Help me.. To decide [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2011, 06:23
This post received
KUDOS
Nikky wrote:
Hi All,
I'm expecting a great guideline from all of you.
I've been trying to prepare and give GMAT for last two years, but unfortuantely never been possible to get good score and get good college.
This may be due to couple of reasons, my lack of commitment, lack of dedicated preparation and above all my touring job (within us and International as well)

But I've to do MBA that is pretty much sure and that is a commitment to my self.
The problem now arises that I'm ESL and staying in US for a while by now, and my job exp is increasing now I have 9+ yrs of exp.I want to do management as it's good for me.
My question here is should I think about eMBA now. I'm getting admissions in couple of universities like texas and unlv. [even thou I had pathetic score in gmat , when i gave it couple of yrs back.]. They are considering my candidature due to my experience.
I want to do regular MBA for better future aspects . And one more reason I' m not thinking abt emba as these courses are too expensive.
Does is worthy to join emba, in above mentioned universities? would it boost my carrer further? Or would it be wasting money to just get a degree. would I get that much of benefit in my carrer growth or it'll be waste of money and time.

Please suggest.
Any help appreciated.

Depends what work you are doing now and what work you want to do post-MBA. "Management" is pretty broad.

If you give some more details you'll probably get better advice here.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Please Help me.. To decide [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2011, 10:08
Thanks for willing to help.
I've been into softwares and working as programmer. And had an experience as devleoper\onsite cordinator[ us\international (S. korea, S Ameria, Asia and US)]. My basic profile is of s\w programming as of now.
Bt now I move up to managerial level , bt kind of struck with the job and the previous exp.
I can opt for the software marketing or the financial domain.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 80 [0], given: 157

Re: Please Help me.. To decide [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2011, 07:46
E MBA is a good thing if you get into a reputed university, you need to decide what you really want to do because E MBA or normal MBA can help you the most when you are on the same path, such as software development to software consulting or project management.

You also get good network of managerial people in an E MBA. The down side is you will be asked to pay 2 years of fees in 1 year and you will be taken as a person who can get things moving based on the 1 year study.

So if you feel that you might be at a disadvantage then you should express that opinion to the university but also know your boundaries and try to create the best deal for yourself.
Re: Please Help me.. To decide   [#permalink] 14 Feb 2011, 07:46