Joined: 02 Dec 2009
, given: 0
Please help me to evaluate my profile. Thanks! [#permalink]
03 Jun 2010, 20:17
Please help me to evaluate my profile and your opinion on my GMAT, TOEFL/IELTS tests. Thank you very much !!!
- Computer Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (First Class Honor Degree)
- Also graduated in Top 3 in a Specialist Diploma in Finance and Accounting course
1.June 06 to May 07: Worked as an Software Application Engineer in a MNC company, in Singapore
2.June 07 to Present: Worked in a small-scaled Marketing Consultant UK-based company, specializing in Direct Marketing, in Singapore
- June 07 to Oct 08: Marketing Data Analyst, in charge of post campaign analysis and pre-campaign selection modeling
- Oct 08 to Oct 09: Senior Analyst, provide analytical insight outputs for data strategy projects, and recommendations for any new products or services that are being developed by the client company
- Oct 09 to Present: Analytical Manager, manage the team of analysts in Singapore and liaise with UK office on a daily basis, inputting into any major pitch and supporting Sale team in pre-sale stage
*Exposure to a wide range of clients both in Asia, and in the UK; in different industries, in particular retail, charities, mail order, telecom, and financial services
Extracurricular Activities/ Leadership experience
- Welfare Main committee in Vietnamese Student Society in NTU
- Activity officer for a wide range of student clubs in NTU
-Haven’t had much, and most of them are unofficial, such as free consultant in education services for Vietnamese students to go to Singapore for study
1.Short term career goal: Brand/ Product management in a Consumer product company
2.Long term career goal: Strategic consulting for Marketing, and work in non-profit/ charity fund raising organizations
Schools that I am looking at
Kellog, Duke, Haas, Cornell, Darden, Tepper, Tuck, Yale (Not requiring English proficiency test)
UCLA, Notre Dame, UNC (Requiring English proficiency test)
1. My GMAT score is not balanced, 700 in total but Q51(96%) and V31(59%). Will it severely affect my admission result? Is my AWA at 5.5 helping out the verbal? As I intend to apply for the first and second rounds, re-taking the GMAT will be more or less affecting my ESSAY preparation. However, I am aiming for a scholarship/ financial aid package. Could you please advise me on this, should I retake the GMAT ?
2. My undergraduate was taught in English, and I am a resident of Singapore, an English speaking country, but in some schools I am required to take the English test as listed above. I can foresee that in order to prepare for the test, I would need to work on it another 2 to 3 months, which again will affect my application schedule. In your opinion, what should I do in this case? Do I have a good chance at those schools that don’t require the English test? And is there any way that I can write to the schools that require English test to appeal for an exemption on the English test?
3. How do you think of my chance of getting in those schools listed above? Do you have any recommendation for any other schools outside the list?
Thank you very much and I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.