Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 12:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please help my quest for MBA only applying to Canadian MBA

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Please help my quest for MBA only applying to Canadian MBA [#permalink] New post 03 May 2010, 04:20
Hi Alex,

I am moving to Canada as new immigrant since I lost my job here almost 2 yrs ago and don’t see any hope and want to start my new career and life there. Was working as a SAP
Analyst in large company. Just to mention I have this passion for MBA since my 21st b’day.

Previous edu and exp:

MS Comp Sci= 3.23/4
BE Prod Engg= 68/100
Work exp= 5 yrs in IT, 3 yrs in Manufacturing industry
GMAT= Can get 600-620, GRE 1950/2400 in 1999
Age= 39 and there is some gap between education and work exp
Career goal= Management Consultant
McKinsley and love to work in developingcountries and middle east
Target school: Iver, Queens, Ottawa
Looking for career as Management Consultant

Am dreaming too much or its possible. I know i am not one of those guys with hi-flying profies but throughout my life I had to fight with so much odds to get where I am now.

Do you think I should give it a try? just to mention: if i can get a IT job i will probably stick with it but this is my dream plan. Also, need as much financial help I can get from School.

PS: I sent you an e-mail and thought I should elaborate more here then what i wrote in e-mail.

regards
:-D
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 72

Kudos [?]: 526 [0], given: 0

Re: Please help my quest for MBA only applying to Canadian MBA [#permalink] New post 03 May 2010, 08:30
Your GMAT is going to be an issue - if you're able to score in the mid-600s or higher, you'll be competitive for the schools you mentioned. As for your age and experience, you'll likely be one of the oldest (if not the oldest) in the class, so you'll have the additional challenge of convincing the adcom that you'll fit in with people who are 10 years younger than you. In any case, if you want to go to b-school, just apply and hope for the best.

Alex Chu
alex@mbaapply.com
http://www.mbaapply.com
Follow me on Facebook

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Please help my quest for MBA only applying to Canadian MBA [#permalink] New post 03 May 2010, 11:05
Hi Alex,

Thanks for the honest answer. I know I will be one of the ol dude there.

Could you please help me addreess:

Why MBA, Why Now----WHY not a Career in IT. ( given the face that I love MBA)

Thanks in Advanve...
Re: Please help my quest for MBA only applying to Canadian MBA   [#permalink] 03 May 2010, 11:05