Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:02 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GPA: 3.27
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72887 [0]
Given Kudos: 18868
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11666 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: please help! totally frustrated!want to improve score! [#permalink]
vinayakprakash wrote:
Hello!
I gave my GMAT 3 months back and scored a bad 640.
I started with a 470 score in my diagnostic test of princeton review. Gradually increased it to 520,550,n then 580. Was stagnant at 580 for quite some time. however, i did not give up and then stared scoring 650-680. with some more practice i scored 700 in gmatprep2. then 720 in manhattan. just then i booked my gmat scheduled 4 days hence. i ended up with a sad 640.(v31,Q47). :( I want to score 720+ .
I request you to guide me as to how to go about the whole preparation process again.
thankyou :)

Hi Vinayakprakash,

We would advise you to identify first any gap areas.When you got scores of 650-680,700 and 720, how long had you studied? The point is that since you have been able to get a score as high as 720, you already seems well sorted and ready to take on GMAT. Right now just focus on how to score high on GMAT.Give as many practice tests as possible.While you give a mock test, make sure you spend double the amount of time in analysing your performance in the test. Just go through each and every question and make a note of how you could have attempted a particular question in a better, smarter and a faster way.

Rest all looks good.

Keep your eyes on the goal, stay focused and do your best. Also, remember that it is never over until it is over.

Wish you the best.
www.manyagroup.com
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Vinitkhicha1111,

Are you asking because YOU scored 740? If so, then that is an outstanding score and it puts you in position to apply to any Business School. What were your Scaled Scores for the Quant and Verbal sections?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 240
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.8
WE:Business Development (Insurance)
Send PM
please help! totally frustrated!want to improve score! [#permalink]
Hello EMPOWERgmatRichC,

Yup actually i was ablt to breakthru this barrier only although I was vying for 760- 780 score bucket. My scaled scored were Q 50 and V 40. I think this score will mar chanced somewhat to the top 5 US B -schools? Can u just give insights and useful thoughts into this " unnecessary" dilemma of mine. Thanx in advance. :)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Vinitkhicha1111,

With a 740/Q50, you have a score that would make every US Business School happy, so whatever "dilemma" you might be facing, it shouldn't be because of the GMAT.

When it comes to any of those Top5 Schools, you have to understand how competitive the application process is. By definition, those schools are going to reject 80%-90% of applicants because so many qualified people apply and there are only so many available "spots." As such, you have to make sure that your OVERALL application is strong. I guarantee that each of those Schools will reject at least one applicant who scored 800....and it will be because his/her overall application was not strong enough.

You've nailed down the GMAT "piece" of this process; next, you have to look at the other things - work experience, essays, etc. To that end, you also have to present yourself in the proper way (Admissions Experts sometimes refer to this as "building your 'brand'"). While no Admissions Expert can guarantee you anything, they can help you to make sure that you present yourself in the best way possible, which should increase your chances. There is a Forum full of them on this site - you can post your specific Admissions questions there.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMAT Club Bot