Please help me
GMAT - 620 ( V 30, Q 45 )
M,31, Indian, Graduation in Business Admin
Experience - 10 years in Financial Services
I did one year program from IIM - Calcutta. The program named Executive program in business management is one year program, in which the candidate does not require to quit the job, the program is delivered on every saturday and sunday through satellite mode of lecture deliver ( full time on weekends ), and then the candidate has to attend the campus for 15 days.
Eligibility for the program is a normal test, interview ( i was not interviewed though
) , and min 5 years of leadership experience.
I started working at the age of 21, and did this program in 2007, when i was 26/27, the program did not make any value addition except the certificate from IIM.
The evaluation criteria were grades not marks in %, i am good at academics ( my undergrads are very strong ) , but since the program itself was not too serious, i also took it quiet leniently and my grades for this program are not as attractive as my grades for under graduation degree are.
Now, i am applying for international MBA program, i am not sure whether i should mention about this program done or not.
Benefits for mentioning the same
1) IIM's name carries a premium tag with it
2) This one year helps me to increase the number of years of education from 15 ( 10+2+3) to 16 years, since i did not do any masters.
3) My under grads are from very average university, so this stamp of IIM helps to highlight me as a candidate.
Points against mentioning the same in application
1) i have to prove why i need to do a management program third time e.g. first bachelors, then one year and then masters. ( defence could be that my one year program was not full time, and one both previous programs were not international in nature ) ( i am not applying to isb or local iim one year programs, my target programs are canandian and asian schools )
2) lower grades might make the adcom feel that i may not catch up with the rigor of the program ( i may defend this saying that since my compelling work schedules did not allow me to focus on study, i had lower grades, else my full time under grads are strong )
I am really confused, please help me to resolve this confusion