Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 12:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please help_ what are best verbal books?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Please help_ what are best verbal books? [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2008, 21:58
Hi everyone. I am not an native english speaker and i started to learn english 10 months ago. I had 32 in verbal in official GMAT and I want to improve my score at 40. My problems are in SC (big problem with idioms) and in infferences. Can you suggest some books? I already have Princeton, Kaplan, Barron, but I think that they are not sufficient. Thank you for help
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 150 [0], given: 12

Re: Please help_ what are best verbal books? [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2008, 22:20
Manhattan GMAT for SC is top notch
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [1] , given: 1

Re: Please help_ what are best verbal books? [#permalink] New post 11 Aug 2008, 12:10
This post received
KUDOS
For Sentence correction- Manhattan SC guide or Powerscore sentence correction bible
after that do all those SC questions from OG-10 and OG-11.

Critical Reasoning- Powerscore LSAT CR bible and then all those questions from OG-11. and OG verbal review.

For reading comprehension- Try to read a good newspaper ( Wall street journals or Economist)

Nobody dies a virgin, life screws us all.

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Please help_ what are best verbal books? [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2008, 07:12
Critical Reasoning- Powerscore LSAT CR bible is the same with Powerscore LSAT logic reasoning bible?
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 13 [1] , given: 0

Re: Please help_ what are best verbal books? [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2008, 11:11
This post received
KUDOS
If you need books, I recommend:

1. Manhattan GMAT SC
2. PowerScore GMAT Critical Reasoning

I'm not sure why everybody recommends the LSAT critical reasoning book vs the GMAT one. They're very similar. But I think you'll get thrown off if you read the LSAT one because the LSAT tests these reasoning 'games' which aren't on the GMAT.

Above all else, I don't recommend a book at all. I recommend doing the SC1000 and CR1000. Those will get you leaps and bounds ahead.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Please help_ what are best verbal books? [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2008, 12:37
rigger wrote:
If you need books, I recommend:

1. Manhattan GMAT SC
2. PowerScore GMAT Critical Reasoning

I'm not sure why everybody recommends the LSAT critical reasoning book vs the GMAT one. They're very similar. But I think you'll get thrown off if you read the LSAT one because the LSAT tests these reasoning 'games' which aren't on the GMAT.

Above all else, I don't recommend a book at all. I recommend doing the SC1000 and CR1000. Those will get you leaps and bounds ahead.

Rigger, where can i get SC1000 and CR1000?
Re: Please help_ what are best verbal books?   [#permalink] 12 Aug 2008, 12:37